I'm seriously close to giving up!!! (Long). *Update Pg 2

I'm just concerned that you were planning a home birth, and now you are potentially going in? (you have nw started talking about it as though youy will be in, and if they don't do what you want you will be going home, rather than the other way round?!?)

Is this what you really want - even with all the consessions (if they CAN be provided for)?

What is wrong with them making consessions to your birth choice? Meaning they should be enabling your first choice of place of birth.. they certainly CAN do that?

If this is really what you want, tell me to go fish.. but I've got these doubts that it is - and I don't want you to have any doubts. ;-)
XxX

I was very intent on a homebirth at first because I didn't fit their "criteria" for a waterbirth at the hospital, and because I was sick to death of medical "professionals" getting flustered at my HR because they were too lazy to read my notes, making everything unnecessarily unpleasant and over-medicalised. I guess I've realised that NHS midwives at a homebirth will still do this, and would be even less likely to take risks and "wait and see" given the lack of equipment/doctors freely at their disposal should the tables turn very quickly (99% unlikely, but still..) so I'm likely to be transferred unnecessarily because midwives are not trained in any cardiology-related problems and have no-one to double-check with before intervening (despite what may be in my notes - they ignore it already for simple checks!). If this happens, then I have no "guarantees" of where I am in the hospital, and I certainly won't get a 6-hour discharge if I'm transferred even if nothing is wrong, and I will automatically be strapped to a bed with tons of monitoring :( At least if I start in the home-from-home suite and use the pool there, I am more likely to stay there because they know that medical help is just up the hallway to double-check with, iykwim? It's for their "comfort zone" rather than mine, as they've already said.

I guess I'm looking at the likelihood of things sticking to a "plan" as it were, and because of the general incompetence and laziness of the NHS, I feel that there will be too much uncertainty with how they will treat me at a homebirth :(

xxxxx

I understand. Thank you so much for explaining, because I know you didn't need to have to start explaining your choices to me or anyone!

So that's great then, and this way you will actually get what you had hoped for in the very begining and use the birth pool in the MW lead unit, with MW and doctors who won't be so twitchy. :happydance:
XXx

Well lets not get ahead of ourselves, lets see what happens on Friday ;) Hehe. If they don't stick to their word and they're twitchy about things before I'm even in there labouring, then it's back to being at home! And I know I don't technically need to explain - but I still wanted to make sure you understood what I meant as during my pregnancy you've taken the time to give me great advice in regards to birthing at home and knowing my rights, and I don't want you to feel it's fallen on deaf ears or anything :flower:

All I know is, if things all go to plan, I'm DEFINITELY being at home for our second! xx

Aww THANK YOU X

Fingers crossed for Friday! Make sure you get the assurances you need and get it in writting; both in a letter, and on your notes (hand-held, and hospital records).

Let us know how it goes?
XxX

I will be making sure it's in writing! And I'll definitely keep you guys updated :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->