Im So Confused...

E

Eightiesbirdx

..Okay so all this ovulation and period talk is confusing me a lot..

What i wanted to ask people is you know the tickers where it predicts your cycle or ovulation?, i tried to make one of those and it asked me how long my cycle was, now which one is the cycle and which one is the menstrual period as im so confused of how to work either?

And because im on the pill i thought people on the pill dont have real periods anyways?, i really do want one of those tickers..

So im just asking for a bit of explanation on which is which?..lol.

I hope you understand that, im no good at explaining things when confused :laugh2: :D

Danielle xx

One cycle is from the first day of your period (or withdrawal bleed if you're on the pill) to the next first day of your period roughly a month later. It's about 28 days for a lot of women (and is 28 days if you're on the pill), but can be a lot longer or shorter.

If you're on the pill, then you're not ovulating, so I don't really know what you'd put in your ticker other than maybe the date of your period?

Its such a spin out they make everything so confusing lol.

Oh and then theres another question i needed to ask too..Whats a leutal phase?...

So lemme see if ive got this, So one cycle is when you start bleeding and it lasts until the next month so it'll be 28 days long??..Sorry im stupid lol.

And how do i check my ovulation?. for future reference lmao :laugh2:

Your luteal phase is the time it takes from the egg being released (you can check this by monitoring your temperature) and your period starting.

You're hoping to have a luteal phase longer than 10 days, because thre has to be enough time for the little bean to take hold before your body gives up and has its period. I think "normal" is 12-16, average being 14 days which is why it gets called the two week wait!

If you are really getting yourself confused I would totally recommend the book Take Charge of your Fertility. It is excellent.

You are right about your cycle, and it'll be a fixed time while you're still on the pill.

To check your ovulation you can use OPKs which show the surge of hormones just prior to the egg being released, and as an extra security blanket you can take your temperature every morning before you get out of bed. Early on in your cycle your temp will be low, then after you ovulate it jumps up. If you get pregnant the temp will stay up, but if you're going to have your period it'll go down a day or so before :witch: arrives.

You can have a look at my chart if it helps you understand :)

Feel free to ask any more questions hun! :friends:

If you're on the pill, your cycles are being controlled so you can't really track any of that properly. When you come off the pill, your cycles will go back to what is normal for you.

You can temp or use OPK'S to see when you are going to ovulate. I know when im going to/ have ovulated because my ( . )( . ) start to get bigger.

hey hun, as above, it's prob better to track all of this when you are not on the pill. And it all depends how you wanna go about ttc. If you just wanna go with the flow, I wouldn't worry about it all and just :sex: often. But if you do wanna do the whole charting thing, then i'd wait till you are no longer on the pill xx

Thanks ladies, ill probably track my ovulation and stuff when i decide to come off the pill :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->