I'm so damn nervous UPDATE with pics page 4

I'm so excited for you. Don't worry I would be having kittens too but I'm sure you will be fine. Post details and a photo as soon as you can :)

Congrats sweets. Love the name too. X

Again ladies .... Thanks so much for all your well wishes...

So now I have five mins I will write what happened...

Basically came into hospital at 6.30am...
I was having contractions last night anyway...
After the usual admin stuff got taken in and had the epidural... It wasn't as painful as I thought... The main issue was the drop in blood pressure that happens and the vomiting.. Lucky dh was there to hold my hand and my spew bag lol...
After 15 mins or so I felt Lots of pushing and pulling... No pain or anything just weird... Then they dropped the curtain and I saw my little man covered in muck and gunk...he got taken to the trolley for 30 seconds to do apgar... Then dh got to cut the cord and wrap him up and bring him to me for some immediate skin to skin ...
Then after ten mins dh held him near my head as I was really shaky at that point...

Then into recovery where we spent lots of patience and time trying to bf and doing ok with it so far...

He's perfect in every single way!!!!

I've only had Panadol (paracetamol) other then the drugs in the epi and my pain isn't bad... I can sit up and move about a little to pick baby up etc ... I feel quite fine actually. My belly is flat lol it's weird...

If I have two pieces of advice for ladies it would be this:

Don't be scared of having a section if u have to... Not only does the pain and bad stuff get overshadowed by the good...but also bfing isnt any different...the pain isnt that bad either and I would have loved natural but I am so in love with my little man and all the boding issues i was scared of coming across were all fine and there is no reason u can't request skin to skin if your bubs is well!!!!!
I spent the first 10 mins then after we went to recovery I spent 4 hours with him on me both of us naked :)
It was so special!!!!

Secondly be patient....
Bfing isn't an easy thing straight away... It's not as easy as what I thought but definitely worth the perseverance and trying!!!!
It may not happen straight away but it probably will happen... Don't give up and don't make the mws make u feel like your baby is hungry when in actual fact they can go ages without anything and is well worth the wait to bf...

As I said before... I any ladies have questions about the section in very happy to answer!

Thanks once again for all your support and care over the last 9 months ladies and I wish u all the best best of luck with your los and births!

Many hugs and well wishes

Xx

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/91drac51/null-10.jpg

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/91drac51/null-8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g