I'm so mad at myself for taking zofran

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
I took zofran at 6w2d- 4mg once a day, 12 days all up over 3 weeks. Mainly Monday's, Thursday and Friday's when I had to work. I stopped taking it at 9 weeks from reading scary posts and lawsuits on google that zofran causes birth defects. I feel mad at myself and even more mad at my doctor :(

Try not to be too hard on yourself mama, your doctor should have told you :hugs: :hugs:.

I've read that Canada's usual antinausea (Diclectin) is available in the US under the name Diclegis. It's B6 + an antihistamine. Supposedly harmless, based on a number of studies. If you're still feeling sick, consider asking your doc for it.

As far as Zofran, what's done is done. Just don't take any more of it.

Thanks ladies. OH said the same, what's done is done :( fingers crossed xx

I'm sure you're fine. I took Flagyl (apparently it's only safe in 2nd trimester) at 6 weeks pregnant and baby looks fine on the ultrasound 😊

I wouldn't worry too much (I know I know) I'd just stop taking it bc it's making your upset.. there may be a few cases out there but I'm sure for every one bad experience there are dozens of perfectly healthy babies. I know plenty of women who have taken it and all their babies are healthy.. with my daughter my dr told me to take b6 and unisom if it was really bad.

I took Zofran with DS and now this LO. If I didn't, I wouldn't even be sitting right now. Not even B6 and Unisom helped this time.

I had seen the commercials and spoke in depth with my OB about this. She swore to me that the entire "lawsuit" was debunked and proven untrue. Zofran is actually one of THE safest anti-nausea's in pregnancy.

After the lawsuits against the manufacture last year, which was only 200 out of millions of women, OBs did initially dial back on Zofran but after extensive research most notably from the UCLA Department of Medicine who published their findings in the journal Reproductive Toxicology found that:

"Extensive research did not find an association between the drug and birth defects. Instead, it found evidence suggesting that women who took Zofran were less likely to have a miscarriage or a stillbirth.

In pregnant women, five heart defects and one cleft palate were reported among 952 infants whose mothers had extreme morning sickness and took Zofran. Eight heart defects and two cleft palates were reported among the 1,286 infants born to women who did not have extreme morning sickness and were not exposed to Zofran."

I know how scary it is to see warnings like that especially after but Zofran is proven quite safe. :hugs:

I took zofran with both of my kids (almost 4 and almost 3) and they're both healthy, smart, beautiful boys. It was regularly prescribed for nausea when I was pregnant then. Don't stress about it!

I've read it increased your chance of birth defects by like less than 1%. I wouldn't beat yourself up for it. I took it last time and no problems. I know many who have taken it without problems as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->