I'm so scared. Bp quite up and down, protein in urine, family history of eclampsia.

Ghost

Mother of one :)
Reaction score
Before I got pregnant my blood pressure was always high , on the booking appointment it was still quite high but dropped down to normal rates. In the past few weeks its crept up a little but always stayed within the normal rates. On the thirteenth I had my regular appointment with my consultant and she said it was borderline and recommended I have an appointment with my gp the next day to check my bp. There was no protein in my urine at that time. Next day I went down. My blood pressure had shot up to I think it was 150/96? And he said I had +2 proteins in my urine. He rang the hospital and told me I'd probably be admitted so to go straight down there. I hurried down there where we ended up from 5-10pm. I had a row off the triage midwife who thought there was no need for me to hurry down and that my drs and hosp were wrong. They did my blood pressure twice which had dropped both times , not significantly but I think it was something like 130/88? And I had no proteins in my urine so after monitoring his little heartbeat and feeling him we were sent home(hallelujah!). The midwife came up to check my bp which was okay and within normal range but when she checked my urine there was proteins in it again. She doesn't want to leave me another week so she's coming up Monday to check it again.

I'm really scared , my mum was in hospital for two months before she had me due to Pre eclampsia and when she went into labor she nearly died, she litererly had ten minutes before an emergency caesarean as we were both failing. I know they were being cautious but I was convinced I'd be admitted and scared I'd be induced , and I'm still not convinced I won't be come Monday .

Is it liky its preeclampsia when the bloods I had taken for it were clear?
Does it mean its more or less likely to be preeclampsia when my bp is fluctuating so much rather than staying high or low?
Is there any other reasons protein could be in your urine?.
What am I supposed to do? I've been told to keep mobile and to carry on as normal just not push myself to hard but I've been told to pretty much rest up by other drs so I don't know whether I'm supposed to do as little as possible or waddle around?.

Hey there. i had pre eclampsia with my girl. this pregnancy my bp has been going up and down since 28 weeks and I had 3+ protein in urine. That was gone though the week after and I've only had traces since. Protein in the urine also can mean an infection or something.
I've had Labetalol tablets since 28 weeks and they managed to keep my bp around 140/85 so not too bad. My bloods always were negative as well so that's good. So I'm just having pregnancy induced hypertension. As your bp was high already before you were pregnant, the chance is higher of getting hypertension when pregnant. Hopefully it'll stay with that and they'll be able to control it with medication and lots and lots of extra checks x

Plus I just saw you're nearly 38 weeks which is great! I was induced at 38 weeks with my girl due to pre eclampsia and she was just fine. X

Well the little time thing is out a bit I'm only 37+1 but its only a week out so hopefully it'll stay low and if they have to induce me he'll be that little bit bigger. See I am really unwell with a chesty cold but they all keep telling me that won't have anything to do with the bp or protein. Thanks for commenting though its good to hear from someone who's had simular :)

It can be so scary though. I hope all is fine hun and that they can control your bp and keep baby cooking a bit longer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->