im so scared need reasuring

josiegavin

Reaction score
Hello ladies

this is my 2nd baby and im only just ova 5 weeks I got the date thro today for my scan :) I am soooo scared that something wont be right at the scan. I havnt had bleeding or anything to make me think that maybe something could be wrong but im just so paranoid. Is any one else like this xxx

I am! My apt is about 2 weeks away for the scan. I go in for a blood test on the 16th. Honestly, with how hard we all work to get to this point its only natural to be concerned. I hope all goes well at your apt!

I was really paranoid at the beggining but after you haver ur scan you'll feel better. You are not th only one, early stages are really scary. now I'm 11w 3d and last week we saw baby growing great and with a strong hb. so try to enjoy as much as possible :)

I completely understand. I was very, very scared once I found out I was pregnant. I had bleeding about 5 times in the first trimester and it took us over 2 years to conceive (1st pregnancy and I'm late 30s) so I was completely and utterly worried. I am now 15+4, have had many many scans and baby is fine. So I completely empathise. People saying 'don't worry, relax' is so unhelpful; of course you will worry. Just try to take it easy, talk to yourself and trust your body that everything will be fine. I wish I could have back that time and enjoy my pregnancy more. Lots of warm baths and warm milk. Best of luck to you.

Yup, I was a nervous wreck. First it was ectopic pregnancy then a blighted ovum but this past week I've kind of relaxed a bit because I have had no bleedings and I figured if something looked fishy the OB would have scheduled me sooner. I go in May 21 for my first appointment with the OB and I'll be 11w5d so I'll get to hear the heartbeat. Once I hear that little HB I will completely relax, but I think at one point or another everyone freaks out and thinks the worst at some point in their pregnancy :D

Yup, I was a nervous wreck. First it was ectopic pregnancy then a blighted ovum but this past week I've kind of relaxed a bit because I have had no bleedings and I figured if something looked fishy the OB would have scheduled me sooner. I go in May 21 for my first appointment with the OB and I'll be 11w5d so I'll get to hear the heartbeat. Once I hear that little HB I will completely relax, but I think at one point or another everyone freaks out and thinks the worst at some point in their pregnancy :D

I am so glad I am not the only one lol. When you put it that way it makes me feel a whole lot better about how much I worry. I was starting to think i annoyed everyone around me with it lol.

I just had my first midwife visit yesterday, and I was a nervous wreck too! Especially because my symptoms haven't been as strong lately as they were last week.

They did an ultrasound, so I got to hear the heartbeat and see the embryo. She said everything looked perfect! It was such a relief!!!!!!

I think the first few months are so nerve wracking because so much can go wrong, and you have no way of seeing what's going on in there. It felt so much better to get a peek, and get affirmation that everything looks good!

Just try to remind yourself that, statistically, the odds are in your favor that you will have a healthy baby!

I had mine today and have been a nervous wreck all along. I think it's normal until you see everything is ok! Then you find something else to worry about lol!

josie, When do you go in for your scan?

I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to have a scan early. I don't get my first scan until 20 weeks. So I've had to go a full 10 weeks not knowing whats up in there. I did read that once you hit 9 weeks your chance of miscarriage drops to 2% though. I'm hoping my MIL can get me a private scan this weekend. :D it would be the perfect mothers day gift.

I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to have a scan early. I don't get my first scan until 20 weeks. So I've had to go a full 10 weeks not knowing whats up in there. I did read that once you hit 9 weeks your chance of miscarriage drops to 2% though. I'm hoping my MIL can get me a private scan this weekend. :D it would be the perfect mothers day gift.

Hey sweetie, how come you have to wait till 20 weeks to get a scan? The part about the 9 weeks, that is really interesting. Thanks so much for sharing that, I am sure a lot of ladies will feel at ease when they read your post.

I dk to be honest. Hubby is in the military and thats how they do it I guess. Unless you're like high risk or something. I think its a bunch of BS but I only get 2 ultrasounds total.

I dk to be honest. Hubby is in the military and thats how they do it I guess. Unless you're like high risk or something. I think its a bunch of BS but I only get 2 ultrasounds total.

Oh wow, that is a bunch of BS. I am so sorry you have to deal with regulations like that. Have you thought about maybe applying for a different insurance and just going off base for medical care? My ex husband was in the military and I hated the medical care there. They really don't seem to give a shit excuse my language.

:hugs:

No i completely agree, they don't care. I went into the ER because I thought I had gallstones but it turned out to be just a gallbladder spasm. They mentioned Ectopic pregnancy then never told me if they ruled it out and never tested for it. I called the OBGYN and told them when I made an appointment that I was afraid of having an ectopic, I waited for over an hour for a doctor to come in, sit down for 2 minutes and say "You probably just have heartburn"
I was so livid.
I could go to an outside doctor if I switched back to Tricare standard but we'd have to pay something, which is why I'm hoping my MIL can get me an ultrasound since she works in L&D

No i completely agree, they don't care. I went into the ER because I thought I had gallstones but it turned out to be just a gallbladder spasm. They mentioned Ectopic pregnancy then never told me if they ruled it out and never tested for it. I called the OBGYN and told them when I made an appointment that I was afraid of having an ectopic, I waited for over an hour for a doctor to come in, sit down for 2 minutes and say "You probably just have heartburn"
I was so livid.
I could go to an outside doctor if I switched back to Tricare standard but we'd have to pay something, which is why I'm hoping my MIL can get me an ultrasound since she works in L&D

Good luck, let me know if you are able to get an early apt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->