I'm so stressed and worried and sad.

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies. This may be long!

Lately i just seem to be having one bad day after another :cry:

Today for instance, I finally go pick my car up this morning (it's been In garage getting fixed but they kept getting wrong parts etc) and had to pay 500 for it (was quoted 300) I know nothing about cars and my hubby usually deals with this but he is away on exercise so I had to take it in (he is in army) so I'm stressing about this and about my dd being late for school as it was 12 pm at this point and this is the time she starts school. And she is in the back of the car whining at me for something or other and it's stressing me out because it's only the third time I've driven in Germany, we moved here few months ago and my husband usually has the car so I never drive it. And I am a nervous driver. I'm also half asleep after being up half the night. So basically not constentrating as much as I should have been. Anyway all of a sudden I notice a guy standing ahead with a camera and think huh why is he taking pics of the cars, then pops into my head he's obviously a speed camera guy! :dohh: So I quickly brake incase I'm going too fast, I have no idea if I was or not because don't know the speeds yet as never been in that area before. So now I'm panacking about getting a ticket, and the worst thing is you gotta wait around 6 months here to get a ticket through so I have 6 months of worrying! I can't cope I can't stop thinking about it, I just wish there was a way to just find out so I'd know if I was speeding or not.
My dd also broke my internet this morning and my camera on my new phone so I'm feeling shitty and like I want to go to bed and stay there.
I'm finding it so hard just to get through each day, each day seems to go just like today, everything going wrong, me worrying and stressing and feeling guilty for my DD because I can never be bothered to do much I just want to sleep I just have no energy and see seems to be going through the terrible threes! So everything is a constant battle with her and sometimes I shout at her and I hate myself for it but I find it so hard to have patience these days :( and then I feel guilty towards my unborn dd for being so stressed out I really hope it's not affecting her. And I miss my husband and am finding it so hard not having him here. Some days I just really need a break but all our family are in the uk so I can't ask them to help out. I have made a few friends here but my dd is very shy so would not stay with any of them without me. I'm so worried about how I'll cope when the baby comes as my hubby will be in afghan for the first 6 months.
The worrying is the worst it takes over my life I feel sick worrying about stuff and I seem to find something new to worry about each day :blush:
If you got to the end of this Thankyou for reading my crazy rambling I best read it back now to see if it makes sense.

If you still got British plates you won't get a ticket lol. They don't bother because it costs too much to find out who the car belongs to. If not then you won't have to wait 6 months for it to arrive. I had a ticket within 3 weeks -.- (also got it because of the speed, I thought it was 80mph not 80kmh haha). Plus you have a 3% allowance so you might be ok. I know the feeling though, its so daunting driving here, they got stupid rules (right before left, really???).

You'll be fine though, I've had to manage alone here for 4 years and it's been bloody hard but somehow I pulled through. Where are you based anyway?

If you still got British plates you won't get a ticket lol. They don't bother because it costs too much to find out who the car belongs to. If not then you won't have to wait 6 months for it to arrive. I had a ticket within 3 weeks -.- (also got it because of the speed, I thought it was 80mph not 80kmh haha). Plus you have a 3% allowance so you might be ok. I know the feeling though, its so daunting driving here, they got stupid rules (right before left, really???).

You'll be fine though, I've had to manage alone here for 4 years and it's been bloody hard but somehow I pulled through. Where are you based anyway?

We have German plates now :( lol. I presumed 6 months as two people I know here have had to wait 6 months for there's to come through. Haha I was so confused by the mph kmh at first too. Still am haha. Can I ask how much you were going over and what you got for it? I have a feeling I may have been doing 60 in a 50 as I presumed that road was around 70 but apparantly it changes to 50 right before the camera guy. But I must have missed the sign! And yeah the right left stuff it all confuses me haha.
We are based in paderborn, what about you? Is your oh in army? Xx

I've had 2 tickets lol...both of which were when I first started really driving here. The first was 97 in an 80 zone on the motorway - they slapped me hard with that (90 odd euros and a point) and the other was doing 90 in an 80, but only got charged 10 for that and no points. You won't get much for that, 20 euros maybe?

Paderborn ain't far from us, we're about 30km east from Kassel.

I've had 2 tickets lol...both of which were when I first started really driving here. The first was 97 in an 80 zone on the motorway - they slapped me hard with that (90 odd euros and a point) and the other was doing 90 in an 80, but only got charged 10 for that and no points. You won't get much for that, 20 euros maybe?

Is your oh I'm the army, the reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering did your tickets go to his work place? I've heard they do and that you them get a week to pay the fine. But this worries me as my oh will most likely be I'm afghan so how will I know if it has went there?!

I couldn't imagine driving on the motorway here haha and I actually thought there was no speed limit on there!?

I've never heard of Kassel but I've not really explored Germany much yet!

Is your oh I'm the army, the reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering did your tickets go to his work place? I've heard they do and that you them get a week to pay the fine. But this worries me as my oh will most likely be I'm afghan so how will I know if it has went there?!

I couldn't imagine driving on the motorway here haha and I actually thought there was no speed limit on there!?

Nah he's german lol. The ticket should go to whatever address you have registered your car with.

There are speed limits, usually 120kph. That's how I got my ticket, coming out of a no speed limit zone right down to 80. Stupid me thought it was 80mph haha. Easy mistake.

I see signs for Paderborn when I go to Hannover. I think its about 50km from Kassel. Not far from Göttingen I think.

Nah he's german lol. The ticket should go to whatever address you have registered your car with.

There are speed limits, usually 120kph. That's how I got my ticket, coming out of a no speed limit zone right down to 80. Stupid me thought it was 80mph haha. Easy mistake.

I see signs for Paderborn when I go to Hannover. I think its about 50km from Kassel. Not far from Göttingen I think.

Ah that'll his work address then. Crap lol.

Ah I see, I hope I never have to drive on there haha. Scares me when the cars go zooming past haha.
The furthest I've been is probably dusseldorf for the airport haha. Hubby driving ofcourse!

You should be able to call the base and see if any post has come for your oh and collect it though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->