Im so stupid, doh!!!!!

clb1982

Reaction score
So I got my BFP New Years Eve and booked to see my gp last Friday to inform her of my news.
Naturally I had loads of questions to ask her and a few concerns to raise.

Firstly my mum had gestational diabetes with all her pg making her babies huge. I was her first child and i was 2 weeks late weighing a whopping 9lb 8oz :blush:
Then my bro came along at 10lbs 2oz. double ouch. Which them made the doctors think hang on this lady is only 5"2' and is having these massive babies.
Finally on her 3rd pregnancy with my sis she was tested and diagnosed with the gestational diabetes. hence then inducing my mum early so my sis weighed 8lb 9oz.

Secondly my mum was a twin, but my grandma miscarried one of the babies and my dads mum had two sets of twins with her 4 children and lost the second child through miscarriage with both twin pg. So i think i have a good chance of having twins as from what ive read twins generally skip generations and there were no twins in my generation, only my parents.

So what did i do when i saw my gp on friday????? I sat there like an idiot and forgot to mention any of this :dohh:

So im booked in to see my gp again tomorrow as im frightened that i may have inherited the pg diabetes.

I just wondered if any of you ladies know anything about this condition and whether its hereditary?

Also has anyone had twins or having twins that runs in your family.

So advice would be really useful

My mum has diabetes and my uncle does also, my sister and i have both tested and we are not diabetic, however my sister did get it whilst she was pregnant and i have informed my MW who has said i will need to be tested at 26 weeks. I have been told i will just control it with what i eat and drink and it goes after pregnancy.

Dont know much about twins tho!

Hey Jules

Thanks for your advice.
I have actually just read an article on BUPA's website about the condition and it said it you can have an increased risk of having it if diabetes runs in the family. It did say you can make the lifestyle changes you mentioned but for some women its not enough and they may require daily injections of insulin.

I really hope im not diagnosed with it, i just cant help worrying about it slightly.

When my sister got it during both her pregnancies it didn't really effect her so i am not going to worry too much... everyones pregnancies are different tho, mine is nothing like what my sister experienced, she was badly with sickness etc but i have yet to experience any of this! She did have big babies tho, i wasn't aware this could have had anything to do with the diabetes, her babies were 9lb and 10lb4oz!! I love big babies anyway!

Good Luck hun, I hope you do not develop it! :hugs:x

Yeah it was my mum having big babies that made the doctors think something must be wrong.
Im scared of having big babies tho :?

Both my grandmother and mother are both diabetic, when I gave all medical history it didnt seem to matter, Im still be tested at 27-28 weeks. Im actually going today for my diabetic testing!(Im nervous) I'll let you know what happens because We have STRONG diabetic family history, and Im FAT lol. *Crossing Fingers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->