I'm sorry

to make you all smile - not so long ago I decided to redecorate my living room, it's quite small so I move everything to the middle of the room and covered it with plastic sheets. anyway, painted the windowsill - lovely brilliant white gloss and had taken down the blinds to wash so the windows were bare. so I moved all the furniture back but left it a bit away from the still slightly damp walls. went to wash brushes etc and when I came back both my little dogs had decided to look out the window, unfortunately then had both put their front paws on the fresh gloss pain, which they then decided to walk/run across the brown leather sofa, carpets, and then when I gasped in horror...they ran upstairs and jumped onto the bed!! - Gloss paint is no fun to remove!! I can laugh about it now (just)

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

That's hilarious purplelou! My little black dog ended up with a skunk typed stripe down his back last time I painted as he had a habit of rubbing himself against walls, oh and I also discovered after putting down the masking tape and a bit of newspaper on the floor that one of our fosters was "paper trained" oh yeah she went around the room depositing on all the paper!

Gloss paint is the worst, my house smells so bad right now...!

oh I know - it takes ages for the smell to go! and oh bless your little foster! lol

my DH used to take out dogs to work with him - he is a screen printer, but one of them is practically all white (cept his face) and he used to come home covered in red blue yellow and any other colour you can imagine, printers ink. so the dogs are both now retired and get to stay home and relax and eat treats all day

Talking about cakes, and after seeing Mon's amazing cakes pictures, i am on a baking mood! I need a challenge though, bored of my recipes... any suggestions of what i could bake?

have you ever baked macaroons? I haven't actually made them but I saw them doing them on Australian masterchef recently and I think that could be a good challenge if you're an experienced bakerhttps://thecakemistress.com/blog/articles/macaron-adriano-zumbo/
the technique AND recipe from masterchef are in this link.

Oh thanks NorthStar!
No i have never made macaroons. Its a great suggestion! Will have a look at that link now

Oops sent the message before finishing it again! :dohh:

Those macaroons seem an interesting challenge! Will keep me busy tomorrow :thumbup:

Will post photos, unless i make a disaster :haha:

In the show they made a macaroon TOWER it looked fantastic, but a regular plate of macaroons would be just as good, they are my second favourite thing to eat in Paris.

Let me know how you go, cos it's something I plan to make myself once I get a proper mixer.https://www.masterchef.com.au/macaron-tower-with-kalamata-olive-and-beetroot-and-raspberry-macarons.htm

Chocolate dipped macaroons are sooo good!

Dan, do you mean the coconut ones we eat in the States or the fancy French ones?

Oh Dmom now you are talking.... chocolate dipped macaroon! Yummmy!!!

I have made the coconut ones. i have never made the French ones though.

Mmmmmm...chocolate dipped ANYTHING.

I'm never going to do well on this weight loss challenge. Ugh. LOL

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cakes :cake:

Well I'm waiting on delivery of a new baking book (praying it will arrive today) and it has a recipe for Pina Colada Macaroons which I can not wait to try out :)

I'll let you know how it goes with photos and then I can then share the recipe if people would like :)

Wow nice to see some Spanish connections on here, sometimes I feel a bit out on a limb over here when everyone is making references to stuff in UK, Canada, NZ and USA now I can say "cojones quiero estar embarazada!" and somebody will get it.
ANd even better I am covering the world for my cake mail service. Yahoo I will be rich!!

Dmom the fancy pants French ones - Sus09 is up for a baking challenge, can't wait for the pics.:thumbup:

I was actually looking (perving!!!) at a Kitchen Aid on ebay last night, but they are crazy expensive, think I might just go for a less expensive but equally effective Kenwood Chef - baking ladies any thoughts or recommendations on this?

Dmom the fancy pants French ones - Sus09 is up for a baking challenge, can't wait for the pics.:thumbup:

I was actually looking (perving!!!) at a Kitchen Aid on ebay last night, but they are crazy expensive, think I might just go for a less expensive but equally effective Kenwood Chef - baking ladies any thoughts or recommendations on this?

I would so love a Kitchen Aid :thumbup:

I managed to wangle a Kenwood Chef for a wedding present and love it but it's not used enough but I plan to remedy that :)

Wow nice to see some Spanish connections on here, sometimes I feel a bit out on a limb over here when everyone is making references to stuff in UK, Canada, NZ and USA now I can say "cojones quiero estar embarazada!" and somebody will get it.
ANd even better I am covering the world for my cake mail service. Yahoo I will be rich!!

I love it! :haha:
And ic reply: "cojones, yo también" :haha: :haha:

NothStar. Yes those kitchen aid are fantastic! But as you say very expensive! I have a kenwood chef and it has been good so far.

Macwooly its time to get yours out of the cupboard and show us what you do with it, a nice cake?? :haha: :hugs:

I've had my Kitchen Aid for 17 years, so the cost is well worth it. I'm not a professional baker but I do use mine about 50 times a year! I've never had a problem and it works great!

NothStar. Yes those kitchen aid are fantastic! But as you say very expensive! I have a kenwood chef and it has been good so far.

Macwooly its time to get yours out of the cupboard and show us what you do with it, a nice cake?? :haha: :hugs:

Well my baking cupboard has been re-arranged today. DH brought a new cupboard from Ikea and put it together for me so I could have all my baking stuff together bless him.

Well my new book didn't arrive today so no Pina Colada Macaroons for a few more days :(

Well I tried to make a chocolate fudge cake for the first time the other day and it failed so think I need to dig out the Kenwood and try again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->