I'm sorry

well I am from Venezuela so we don't quite use Cojones the same way but ...COÑO yo tambien quiero estar embarazada ya!:winkwink:

Great! You have your baking cupboard ready now!
What happened to your fudge cacke?
I cant wait for you to try the pina colada macaroons, they seem yummy! You will have to share the recipe!

Well, i am on macaroon duties now, NorthStar suggested them so... hope they come out and they are not a disaster!

asi somos las Latinas...ni modo...o como dicen en España...JODER!

Por que vivo en Cataluña oigo mas palabrotas en catalan, pero si tienes razon Coño es mas usado (y mejor) although we use cojones in shock.
I never write in Spanish, I speak pretty well but I learnt on the street so my writing is awful. mind you my writing in English is pretty bad too, God bless spell check.

Por que vivo en Cataluña oigo mas palabrotas en catalan, pero si tienes razon Coño es mas usado (y mejor) although we use cojones in shock.
I never write in Spanish, I speak pretty well but I learnt on the street so my writing is awful. mind you my writing in English is pretty bad too, God bless spell check.

HAHAHA I feel your pain...:haha:

:winkwink:I would also like to put my order in for a german chocolate cake, a carrott cake and a lemon flavored or strawberry cake. o and i allways wanted to try a tomatoe soup cake.

Tomato soup cake, never heard of that one.. but then the Heinz soup has enough sugar in to be a cake ingredient. Still not sure i want to try it though.

Cataluña.... aaaaahhhh my home land... well where I brought up, My home land should be Manchester?!?!? Confused!:wacko::haha:

Well jokes appart... Natsby, where in Catalunya do you live? Ohhhh you are making me sooo home sick now! Is Catalan your first language?

Ladies, what is red velvet cake? never seen it/ tried it.
In my cup cake recipe book there is a recipe for red velvet cup cake...

Well NorthStar, I was on my macaroon missin today, and once I started mixing my ingredients I realised that I forgot to buy ground almonds!!!!:dohh:

big FAIL first time :haha: So I ended up baking double chocolate cup cakes, and tomorrow I will backe carrot cake and lemon cup cakes... OH is going to put a bit of weight by eating all that :blush::blush::haha:

Yeah can't make macarons without them. loads of them too.

Have you made friandes, I've made them they are quite cute (though also require ground almonds, the French love their almonds)

I was sure I had gournd almonds in the house! Can´t believe I did not have any after all!:dohh:

I do like friandes as well, no I have not made them, the thing is my auntie is a star at making them, so I am used to have some of hers. I should try though.
Do you have the recipe?

I don't have the recipe I used, never brought my cookbooks back to the UK :cry:

But this is off BBC good food, they had a few on there...https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12297/apricot-friands

Thanks NorthStar,
Will check now! I am on baking mood this weekend!

I don't have the recipe I used, never brought my cookbooks back to the UK :cry:

But this is off BBC good food, they had a few on there...https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12297/apricot-friands

Northstar, you had asked for my red velvet cake recipe so here it is:

Red Velvet Cake Recipe
Ingredients:
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 two ounce bottle of red coloring
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 ½ cups sifted all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
Instructions:
Grease 2 9 inch rounds pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make a paste of cocoa powder and red food coloring in a bowl. Then fill the two ounce bottle of red food coloring with water and add those 2 ounces of water to the red coloring/cocoa paste. Set aside.
Combine buttermilk, salt, & vanilla in another bowl. Set aside.
In a 3rd large bowl cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Once eggs are in, stir in the red coloring/cocoa mix.
Begin adding in buttermilk milk mix a little at a time and alternate with mixing in the flour.
Blend the batter with an electric mixer at medium for 2-3 minutes until batter is even color and all ingredients are mixed in well together.
Then, mix the baking soda and white distilled vinegar in another bowl and very gently fold the mixture into the batter. Do not stir, gently fold in.
Pour the batter into 2 pans and place on middle shelf. Bake for 30 minutes but begin checking for doneness at 25 minutes by inserting a toothpick into the center. If toothpick is not clean continue baking for another 5 minutes. Ice the cake with cream cheese flavored frosting.

Let mw know if you have any questions. Enjoy!

Cataluña.... aaaaahhhh my home land... well where I brought up, My home land should be Manchester?!?!? Confused!:wacko::haha:

Well jokes appart... Natsby, where in Catalunya do you live? Ohhhh you are making me sooo home sick now! Is Catalan your first language?

HI Sus,
I live in Roses which is near Figueres, but I am originally from the UK. I have lived here for seven years so I speak Spanish, French and a little Catalan but English is my mother tongue, how boring eh? I love it here, I can´t imagine living in the UK again but who knows, OH is French so maybe one day he will want to live there. Why did your family move back to the UK?

Ah! I know Roses, really well actually. Really nice place!

Well, the reason why I came to the UK... My mother met a nice man and married him. As he is from Texas she moved there. My father moved near Berga outside Barcelona and I was then dating long term a Welsh man. As I was almost on my own in Barcelona I moved to Wales with him 6 years ago. It did not work and while I was thinking about moving back to Barcelona I met my current partner... another Welsh man :thumbup:

So, I am still here 6 years on. I still miss Barcelona, hoping to go back one day.

Hows the Summer there Natsby? Come on make me jealous :haha: Missing the Summer over there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->