i'm speechless

babyzoe

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
okay, so this may not be the forum for this but I just need to get it off my chest. after voicing my support for a presidential candidate on twitter, someone who I haven't spoken with in years started flaming my twitter account, insulting me, my family, and more. I couldn't believe it! I'm liberal and believe to each his own. I believe that you know what decisions are best for you. But if you want to have a different political opinion than i do, then that's your choice and I don't really care; it doesn't concern me in the slightest. But to insult my family in an attempt to invalidate my political choice?!?! what point does that prove? why is that considered okay?! so frustrated right now. I mean, if someone asked you to be tolerant of other people's differences and cultures and lifestyles, would you respond by calling the other person's parents a piece of sh**?!

ugh..sorry...just a rant.

How childish. Sorry someone like that hurt you, time to delete I say.

I never vote for a party, I vote for the manifesto, I do get frustrated when people blindly got for the same party when they have no idea what they stand for, just because I find I shocking that someone see themselves as one party without understanding what they represent. My ohs family only vote labour and when they do tose tests to show which party you agree with they never are, and I just can't figure that out.

I don't care who votes for who, I just feel you should actually vote for someone who represents you. If that makes sense.

I also don't get get why some people get like your "friend", why do people think one way is right and feel the need to tell people off for not voting the same as them.

Not sure how it works there but here it's votes for seats, so it's great when people vote for smaller less know groups and minorities, the more diversity the better.

This is why it's better to keep your political views to yourself. Everyone has a different opinion and view on politics, I don't understand the need to voice it all over the internet :shrug: Just ignore it. The world is full of people who put people down because they think they're right about everything.

This is why it's better to keep your political views to yourself.

I know. :dohh: You're completely right. Sigh.. I just wish we lived in a world that we didn't have to keep those kinds of things to ourselves, you know? I mean, this is government...the institution that allows for our way of life as we know it. We should be fostering healthy and open discussions?

Eternal, I agree with you too in that it doesn't matter who you vote for as long as you know why you are voting. Especially in the states where the president is really just a figurehead.

This is why it's better to keep your political views to yourself.

I know. :dohh: You're completely right. Sigh.. I just wish we lived in a world that we didn't have to keep those kinds of things to ourselves, you know? I mean, this is government...the institution that allows for our way of life as we know it. We should be fostering healthy and open discussions?

Eternal, I agree with you too in that it doesn't matter who you vote for as long as you know why you are voting. Especially in the states where the president is really just a figurehead.

I know, I like discussing my views, and I love hearing others views even if I don't agree. I have learnt a lot and changed by views over te years from hearing other people's opinions, after all that's how we get an opioion, often from out parents, friends or relationships. Often people vote the same way their parents do, even though the have idea why.

I like earring other people's views then reading research and literature to form my opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->