• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm still not sure about my wedding dress...

blondebabe

Reaction score
I bought it off ebay and it didnt look the same as the pic so they gave me a full refund and told me to keep the dress. I got a lady to sew some gems on chosen by me but the gems that were on before we're too big and now I think these ones are too small,,,, What do I do. I've got less than 6 months x

You should go to a tailor and see what they can do. Maybe the can add some length, or shorten it. They can get it more fitted to you. They will be able to add jewels and tell you what they feel looks good, etc.

Or, since the dress cost you nothing, buy a new one. But do not order from online. Instead, search Craigslist and ask to try it on first or at least see it in person. Or search for trunk shows near you (brand new dresses, and sometimes floor models for real cheap).

What is it that you don't actually like about the dress ?

If you think it can be changed then I'd take it to a dress maker and see what they can do or seen as though you've got 6 months you could always get another dress, most dress shops usually want 6 months to order etc or there are some nice ones from high street places like monsoon and BHS

Monsoon do the most stunning dresses. Definitely have a look there.

To me it sounds like this dress is 'tainted' in your eyes as its nothing like the dress you originally ordered (and obviously ha your heart set on). So will any amount of gems or alterations make it 'right'??

You've got 5 and half months. I'd be shopping for a new one by now. This one cost you nothing and the last thing you want is to be wearing a dress that you're not 110% happy with on your wedding day!!

Plus, it seems like its stressing you out. It's not worth it. Put it aside and start anew :hugs:

I agree definitely start again, you don't want to wear something you don't love on the day x

....... I got a new one :p just got back now.... Got a mark Lesley one it is beautiful and it was actually on the sale rail :p so happy right now :D thank you for all ur comments xxxx

Glad you found your dress :) bet it's a weight of your mind now!! Xx

So glad you found one. Bet it feels so much better knowing you've now got one you love.

Plus, you can now do a 'trash the wedding' photoshoot with the other dress you don't like :thumbup::lol:

Awwh so glad you got one you love :) and YES for trashing the other one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->