Im still waiting for the gossip.

Shady_R

Mum of 3 boys and 1 girl
Reaction score
Ok you may remember i said that i was really annoyed cause where i live everyone had found out i was pregnant and didnt know how they knew. Well i now know how, it was my so called friend that i told, she went straight to my neighbour who is her cousin and told her, who told my neighbour over the road, then between the pair of them then went and told everyone else, my neighbour over the road wanted to let me know what was being said so she told me about it and confirmed that my neighbour had told her and the rest of the street and other people, that was when i was about 8 weeks gone. I found out about 2 weeks ago now that it was my so called friend that had done this too, so was not happy as you could imagine, i really thought i could trust her, i was so wrong on that one. Any way, im still waiting for those that are gossipping about me at the school to actually have the guts to come and ask me if im pregnant or not, this has been going on since about 7 or 8 weeks gone, im 19 weeks now and i know they are still gossipping about me and my pregnancy, they even know when i had my first scan and i think they know when my 20 week one is too, considering i havent said anything to them or even told them im pregnant they know a lot about it. I just wish they had the guts to come and ask me about it rather than listen to the gossip, its really getting irritating now, plus i havent told these people at the school as i dont class them as friends or anything, they are just other parents i talk to when i drop off my boys and pick them up from school. Sorry its a bit long lol, just really irritating me now lol.

why do they find it so fascinating? they want to find something better to think about than something which is none of their business! x

Did you friend know you told her in confidence.

It's not a bad thing, generally people are jsut happy to see a pregnant lady! I'm sure it's not malicious so try not to worry.

I found this part kind of fun!
I work in a school building, but in a daycare. I told everyone I worked with, and most of the parents (the ones I was close to) that I was pregnant over the summer, and when the teachers came back in September, I just never got around to telling them.
It was kinda funny watching them, knowing they were all talking about me, trying to figure out if I was pregnant, or just gaining weight.
Then it was funny...once one of them had the guts to ask me, suddenly EVERYONE was asking me...cause they all knew it was safe to ask then! lol
It's human nature to gossip, and talk about each other, and I try not to let it bother me. We all get a little catty sometimes. And when it's about something so great like having a LO, I don't mind it at all...unless they were saying something nasty about it, of course, like telling people I was doing all kinds of horrible things to my baby.

Yes she knew i told her in confidence we were really close friends, i have trusted her with so much stuff before, she has never breathed a word, but that took the mick, i think i was more upset cause i had my smear test results back not long after and i have to go for further tests as they found abnormal cells, so another reason i didnt want people to know, it was too late though as everyone knew then. Generally i wouldnt mind the gossip, but its the fact that not one of them has the guts to come and ask me, i know bad stuff is being said about me too. Not too sure what yet, but as nobody can keep their mouths shut round here i guess ill find out soon. It is funny at times though the way some of them say hello and say how you feeling today lol, that makes me laugh, cause they havent had it confirmed by me yet they still trying to work it out if i am or not lol. Wont be much longer though and they will see its true anyway lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->