I'm waiting on edge, and he's far from it! Need some advice...

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
So .... I thought we were on the same page about TTC..... I thought my DH was not being so careful on purpose.... He knows I want another baby like yesterday lol but he wants to wait! I'm almost 30 and I already have 2 kids, 5&3.... I feel like they will be so spaced apart if I wait until he wants to... He could wait another 5 yrs..... By then ill be over it! Not only for prenatal health precautions , but also because they will be so spaced apart and I'd love to go back to school eventually.... Ugh
I hate this and it breaks my heart :( I want to TTC right now .... It's all u think about and my baby fever is crazy !!! How do I respect his feelings and not let it bother me so bad? Or should he respect mine ? I don't know what to do :/ I just feel stuck and in a horrible waiting game!
Anyone have some advice here ?
Greatly appreciate it!!!

I don't have any advice really cos I'm kinda stuck in the same situation except my DH is adamant that we shouldn't have anymore, when I have always been clear with him that I don't want to have an only child. Our daughter is quite a handful but I can't afford to wait, time is not on my side. I am still prepaid myself with pre natal vitamins etc... People keep telling me that I have to respect his wishes bit what about him respecting mine. I'm still hopeful that I can task him around. .. but is very frustrating. Doesn't help that my cousin who was pregnant same time as me last time is now pregnant again. ... :(

Ugh I know the feeling :/ I hate this stuck in a rut feeling! I don't know how to distract myself , it's my daily thoughts...and it's not even reality right now :/ :(

When I get jealous seeing a mom and her baby I have to remind myself that it'll happen for me when it's meant to.

Thanks :) that does help some , I have recently finally been telling myself this.... As I finally accept that it's not intentionally happening anytime soon.....

Why does he want to wait? Is there any major reason?

I would want to know what his reason are for delaying it if I were you.

I think it's more a case of coming to an agreement, than one saying how it is.

If you sit down and explain you want to go back to school eventually and why you want to try sooner, he would hopefully understand and see your logic.

I'm currently waiting longer than I'd like, and I share your frustration

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. It's a really difficult situation as like you say I should respect his feelings but also feel that he should respect mine.

The toughest part of it all is that there is no middle ground and I've tried to explain that to my DH. It's not like saying I want a white car and he wants a black one so we're going to get grey if that makes sense.

The only way I cope is by telling myself that it will happen one day :hugs:

I admire you ladies ability to wait. ..I'm just constantly chipping away at him in the hope he will just give in lol Nagging works well with him normally :)

I admire you ladies ability to wait. ..I'm just constantly chipping away at him in the hope he will just give in lol Nagging works well with him normally :)

I tried the chipping an nagging and it just ends in arguments.

It would be so much easier if men felt the same way women do. Reckon I'd have a football team by now if that was the case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->