Im worried-Nicky is sweating real bad! Plz help :-(

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Ths is the 3rd time I have noticed it now, and only when he has been sleeping in his moses basket wrapped in his snuggle blanket!
He litterally sweats so much that its going through his sleep suit- but its only down his back, nowhere else.
MW's are telling me to wrap him in 2 blankets to keep him warm etc: but even with the one snuggle suit he's hot! I dunno what to do for the best- Im worrying that he's unwell.
He was awake all day yesterday and slept real well last night; MW commented on the fact that if a baby is placed in the same position for long periods of time, they can sweat quite a bit? well I have never noticed him sweating like this during the day so Im kinda wondering if Im doing somethng wrong, or its somethin to do with the blankets he's covered in.

Can anyone give me any advice? Im sorry to moan, but ya know... that's me isnt it?

Oh, and I got one of those digital thermometers, his temps is never above 36.5 which I think is considered normal? so with this werd sweating thats going on, how'm I to know if he has a tempreture or not? :(

I personaly wouldnt wrap him in 2 blankets, bit stunned your midwife has told you this... a vest, a sleepsuit and then one blanket should be enough, the weather is still mild out at the mo. make sure its not covering his head or back of his head.

Is he drinking/feeding ok?

When do we get to see pictures of your little man? :)

x

My little boy has always been a really warm baby, up until a couple of weeks ago he just slept in a sleepsuit, no vest underneath and no blankets because he sweats.
At the minute he's in a sleepsuit, still no vest and 1 cellular blanket.

I definately wouldn't wrap him in 2 blankets.

:hugs:

Cx

I agree. 2 blankets is far too much. It's 17 degrees outside here and sunny. It feels really warm and I've actually sent Charlie nursery in a t-shirt and 3/4's instead of vest, long-sleeved shirt and long trousers!

I would def only use one blanket or evn jsut a sheet
what blankets are you useing? I found cellular great as air can circulate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"