Immunisations at a year old?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Sophie has her one year jags tomorrow and I'm nervous about them! I hate seeing her upset and being hurt :(

I was just wondering what the jags are actually for this time and how many it will be?

Did anyone else's LO have any kind of reaction to this jag or just a bit of grumpiness?

xx

Aw hope all goes ok let us know how it goes lotties 1 next week dreading the next lot of immunisations them the mmr these r just a booster 4 the ones they had @ the begining shouldnt be as bad hopefully x

Hiya hun.

Good luck for Sophie's jabs.

It is 3 needles at a year old...Meningitis C + Hib (one injection)...Measles + Mumps + Rubella (one injection)...Pneumococcal (one injection).

What are the side effects of the vaccinations?(borrowed from a site)
No vaccine is free from side effects. Some parents focus on the side effects of the vaccines, instead of the diseases your child is protected against.

The risk of serious complications from the vaccines is always much lower than the risk if your child falls ill with one of the diseases.

Allergy to the vaccines is rare.
The vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio and Hib may cause a red area and swelling at the vaccination spot. This will disappear within a few days. Your child may get a fever on the day of the jab and for up to 10 days later.

The most common side effects associated with the pneumococcal vaccine are reactions at the injection site (such as pain, tenderness, redness or swelling), fever and irritability. Your child may also be drowsy.
The MMR vaccine may cause a brief reaction that can begin from a few days to three weeks after vaccination. Your child may get mild symptoms like the diseases that are being vaccinated against, eg cold, skin reaction, fever or swollen salivary glands. Your child will not be contagious. Detailed and exhaustive research over the past few years has demonstrated that there is no link between the MMR jab and Crohn's disease and autism.

The meningitis C vaccine may have the following effects....
Babies: some swelling and redness where the injection is given.
Toddlers over 12 months: some swelling and redness where the injection is given. About one in four toddlers may have disturbed sleep. About 1 in 20 toddlers may have a mild fever.

It was the only jags Alex cried at, but D said she only cried for seconds.( i sent him with her so he could look like the bad man :rofl:)

She was totally fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->