Imogen?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Ever since I was little I always said I would have two girls
'Izzy and Immy' Isabelle and Imogen.
I already have an Isabelle.

Some of u may have seen my previous post about my nan being in intensive care (very close to death) and chosing our babies names.
After chosing Charlie for a boy she said I love Imogen and Eliza.
It's funny as Eliza is a front runner but Imogen hasn't been mentioned once due to OH not liking the name & his disaes neighbour died at the age of 5 who was called Imogen so it has bad memories for him.

What do u all think of it?
Should I fight for Imogen? Especially now my beautiful nan has chosen it?
(Please don't comment on Eliza as I know that is well liked on here)

I love it. I'm not pregnant, but it is in my top names already!

If your OH doesnt like the name, it might be hard to convince him to agree to name his daughter Imogen. You could try fighting for it, but maybe you could use it as a middle name. Eliza Imogen sounds good.

to be honest Ive always hated the name Imogen... its not pretty/feminine and sounds like a brand of petrol or a company that make halogen lights to me

if you want something cute next to Izzy, It made me think about how I use to have a teacher called Innes (In-ez) or Innie as a nickname

Personally if OH had bad associations I wouldn't use it - not if it was just because there was a a kid in his class that was annoying - but a child's death... that would be an acceptable veto. Especially as your nan likes Eliza too.

Personally if OH had bad associations I wouldn't use it - not if it was just because there was a a kid in his class that was annoying - but a child's death... that would be an acceptable veto. Especially as your nan likes Eliza too.

I agree with this. They are genuine reasons not to like a name IMO

Also I think Izzy and Immy are a bit too similar? Izzy and Eliza sound better. (Know you said not to comment on Eliza but just comparing it as a name set)

I totally agree they are genuine reasons but he wasn't that bothered until his mom mentioned she didn't want us to, but she comments on every name!
I just feel my nan who is dying mentioning this name is a sign.
However she told my mom today 'Eliza is favourite' so we are going with Eliza and considering Imogen as a middle name x

I love the name Imogen. :) If I ever have another girl it will be on my list for sure. Totally disagree with the PP that says it's not pretty or feminine, I think it's both!

I think Eliza Imogen sounds nice.

I love Imogen! I might use it for this baby. I think Eliza Imogen sounds lovely x

LOVE Imogen, it's what we are naming our daughter (due in Sept)!
Think its not common at all, but not a weird made-up name lol!

Love NN Immi too!!!
<3

Good luck with your decision- names are so hard!!!
xx

My daughter is called Imogen so obviously I love it :) we call her Imogey or Image or Midge as nicknames :)

However if your husband doesn't like it cuz of associations its probably best not to use it... I instantly discarded my favourite boys name because OH knew someone of that name who was very self centred and would think we'd named our child after him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->