impatient for dr appt, i want to know how far along i am!

lakota

Reaction score
Good morning ladies
Let me start off my congratulating everyone!
Ok so I've posted this question once already in the bfp announcements but only got 1 response so I was hoping if I asked again id get more clarification. my lmp was 7/5/14. I don't chart or use opks so I don't know when I o'd. On 8/7 I got the faintest line with diluted urine. On 8/8 i also got a faint(more noticable) line with fmu. I went and had a quantatative done that day and it was 11. On 8/10 a clearblue weeks estimator came back 1-2. I went on 8/12 for another quant and it was 113 so more than quadrupled . If I went by my lmp id be almost 7weeks. But I'm not.sure if that's right considering it was cd 35 by the time I got my bfp. I was hoping someone could help. Me ease my mind. This pregnancy hasn't seemed real yet and I was hoping if Iknew my due date it'd be more concrete in my mind. Thanks for the help!
H&h nine months:)

They will go by your lmp pretty much no matter what!

Oh I was sure theyd adjust things if they didn't add up. Well I'm glad that I'm closer to 7 weeks now maybe I have an excuse for the pudge that's hard to hide at this point

I've been told they go by your LMP but my reproductive endocrinologist put me at 4 days later than that date because I happen to know I ovulated on July 24th, (LMP was July 3rd). So I ovulated on cd22, but the fact that I ovulated was a big deal honestly. I found out I was pregnant on cd 39 but that was because I never expected it! I guess I was 17 dpo at that time.

I haven't seen my OB yet, I go the 26th, and think they will go with my LMP until they see a scan. I've seen lots of people that get their due dates and gestational age changed after they can get a good measurement of the fetal pole. If I go by my LMP I am 7w0d today, but if you go by my O date it's 6w0d, but my RE decided to half way in between putting me at 6w4d today..so I am hoping to get a clearer picture on the 26th as well. I personally think 6w0d is more accurate since I felt my ovulation and DH and I dtd 2 days prior to and the day off but not for 5 days prior and several days later..so it had to happen then.

Honestly, Lakota, I never did any of that either. I really didn't know how. I tried using an app on my phone once to track my periods and possible O day but, of course, that's not always accurate. I only got suspicion that I was preggo b/c my hubby told me I was lol. It's really hard to do when you're not on top of it like most people. I just put my LMP in one of the DD calculators and went from there. Like lanet said, if your Dr think it's off they'll adjust it anyway, but at least you'll have a guess-timate haha
Here is one I used:
https://www.thebump.com/calculators/duedate.aspx?MsdVisit=1

Thanks ladies. I just did another cb weeks estimator and it only said 2-3 since o. This is so confusing. I guess I'll have to impatiently wait for my appt on the 28 th. Do they usually do u/s at your first one? Sorry its been 6 yrs since I've been pregnant, I'm a bit out of the loop

It depends on the phsycian. Mine's did on my first appt but that was because I was had some minor issues and they wanted to make sure peanut was okay, but from stories I hear on these forums, the dr won't do the u/s until 12-20 wks, which I think is kind of far. It really depends

Don't use those weeks estimate test. They put me through hell. They would keep going back and forth on me. Almost always your ob will go by your lmp. The only time my due date has ever been changed was after my first ultrasound.

Don't use those weeks estimate test. They put me through hell. They would keep going back and forth on me. Almost always your ob will go by your lmp. The only time my due date has ever been changed was after my first ultrasound.

They put me through the ringer as well, 8 days after a 2-3 weeks I still had 2-3 weeks and that was 2 days after n HCG of 2301. They are okay for a guesstimate but don't count on them!

I'm in the same situation! I'm pretty sure I conceived this month but there is a small chance It might have happened last month.. HIGHLY unlikely because we hardly did the deed at all and hubby pulled out each time but this month I was only 7 dpo by my count when I found out.. and I'm already getting cramps and stretches and tiredness and grumpiness and lightheadedness and cravings.. etc.. lol. I wonder if I maybe ovulated sooner than usual this month, my first dr appointment is next wednesday but I probably wont have an ultrasound until I am 8 weeks.. so another month yet.

We could only guess. I would hazard an out-there guess that you are 5.5 weeks. A scan would be handy :)

I actually ran Into my dr today and asked about his u/s policy and he actually prefers doing early dating scans rather than the normal 10-14 weeks. Especially If there's questions about dates and such so maybe I won't have to wait another month for an official due date and I'll know next week!

That's great news lakota!!

My OB's office called and cancelled my first appt today!! I have to call to reschedule tomorrow. I better not have to wait, I've been waiting almost 2 weeks as it is!

That's good!

I have no idea but get an early dating ultrasound on the 2nd Sept. I guess I'm somewhere between 4-5 weeks, lmp was 15 July but I have longer cycles, found out cd32 and likely to O around cd20.

Good luck with your US! Gah, spend the first few weeks wishing time away!

Awesome, there you go!! Keep us posted please. Who knows maybe you were right all along. FX

Dini - that always a bummer. Hopefully they won't postpone it too long. This wait is worse than the 2ww!!

Thanks lakota, I got it rescheduled for the same day just a different office with a different MW, so I'm still on for Tuesday morning, fingers crossed I get that scan!! I'm so scared there will be no heartbeat, I doubt the chance of just a sac due to my high HCG, also not as likely to be an ectopic either but it's still early, just praying for a good fast heartbeat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->