Impetigo

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Charlie's got it on his chin.:cry:

I thought he'd just got teething spots, but when I picked him up from nursery yesterday, it had formed into one large red angry spot that was weeping. So DH took the day off work today and took him Docs, and he's diagnosed impetigo. Poor love's got to have anti-biotic cream, we have to try and keep a gauze on it (no mean feat, I tell you!), and I've had to sterilise everything!! Toys as well! He's banned from nursery until it's scabbed over, and they've had to sterilise everything as well.

But the worse thing is that none of us can have wet sloppy Charlie kisses until it heals!:hissy::cry::cry:

I ca sympathise, Seren was diagnosed with this yesterday. She had a small cut on her elbow ad it went really funny, and yesterday had grown loads and was weeping so we too had to see the Dr but she has put her on oral antibiotics. Its horrible isn't it :( Hope Charlies clears up soon.

I had it a few years ago, on my body and it hasn't scarred or anything

Aww, I hope Seren gets better soon.:hugs:

I wish the doc had given Charlie oral antibiotics. Have you ever tried to get cream to stay on a 14 month old's chin?!:dohh: I've dabbed a massive lump on his dummy before bed tonight, so that when he put it in his mouth, it rubbed it on his chin!

I had it when I was little. It gets better. Just make sure you take care of it.

awww bless hope it clears up soon for him hun and serens for beanie xxxxxxxxx

Awwwwwww :hugs: I too can sypathise, Jade suffers with this around her lips, she has had it about 3 or 4 times in the last couple of years, and she is given a cream and has to be kept off school, at first I thought it was just a cold sore, but the head teacher knew what it was as soon as she set eyes on Jade and made me take her home! Apparently it is very itchy and also sore :cry:

It doesn't look like he's got it now, after almost a week off nursery!:dohh:

It hasn't scabbed over, and hasn't been weeping since Wednesday. OH's cousin is a doctor and she looked at it on Sunday and said it was nothing like impetigo! We've kept him off nursery till tomorrow just to be safe, but I think it was just a teething rash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->