Implant and Pill

S

Secret

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't see an area for contraception posts. Anyhoo I was wondering if any of you ladies are using the implant and taking a pill as well to control the bleeding? I phoned the sexual health clinic to see if I could get my implant removed and go onto the pill instead as I am lucky if I get 5 days off without bleeding. I was informed that I could be given a pill to take aswell to control this, does anyone have any experience of this cuz I don't know what I should do :shrug: thanks in advance.

if you take both, its a lot of hormones in the body
I don't see the point of taking double...........taking another pill to combat side effects of something else.
If it were me and the implant wasn't suiting me I'd have it out but that's just my opinion.
could you see your gp, hun?
xxx

I had bleeding but like you i was basically getting a few days off amonth i never knew when i'd get a break so i told them to take it out and i just started the pill. The pill and the implant works but it is SO many hormones in your poor wee body. I actually now have the implant in again and im asking for it out on Tuesday as i have never felt so depressed in my life!!
How long have you had it in? x

Get them to take it out.

It is an oestrogen only form of contraception which can cause horrible side effects. It works for some people, but if you (like me) are no good with oestrogen only then it can ruin your life.

I was on oestrogen only (the mini pill rather than the implant) as the doctor wanted to test for side effects before putting the impanon in me and I'm so grateful that she did as it has been the worst year of my life. I bled constantly, put on over 2 stone and have been totally depressed.

Now back on the ordinary pill and I feel wonderful.

i had the implant in December and went back in Feb to ask if i could have it out! as i was bleeding so much! it is making me feel so down!! (OH actuly says this must be the reason why you down get pregnant because you can NEVER have sex)

they said i cant have it out as it costs the NHS so much money (have to have it in 1year for it to be worth the money)

im really anoyed!! even have thoughts of how could i take it out my self!!!

i had the implant in December and went back in Feb to ask if i could have it out! as i was bleeding so much! it is making me feel so down!! (OH actuly says this must be the reason why you down get pregnant because you can NEVER have sex)

they said i cant have it out as it costs the NHS so much money (have to have it in 1year for it to be worth the money)

im really anoyed!! even have thoughts of how could i take it out my self!!!

load of rubbish hun!! They MUST take it out if you request it! I spoke to my doctor and i was expecting to have to persuade her to remove it but she actually suggested it after i started talking. She said its no problem if its causing problems! I am booked in to have it removed i've only had it in 5 1/2 months
If you want it out you demand it out!

xx

aww sorry your having such a rubbish time on it :( i have had it in two months and ive lost my periods (pretty much ) :) i would just get it out rather then have the pill aswell, but my doctor told me if it makes me bleed to much, i could come back and have the pill :/ might aswell just take it out ... and go on the pill!?

Get them to take it out.

It is an oestrogen only form of contraception which can cause horrible side effects. It works for some people, but if you (like me) are no good with oestrogen only then it can ruin your life.

I was on oestrogen only (the mini pill rather than the implant) as the doctor wanted to test for side effects before putting the impanon in me and I'm so grateful that she did as it has been the worst year of my life. I bled constantly, put on over 2 stone and have been totally depressed.

the implant and mini pill are progesterone only
x

I have had the implant in for 2 years and 3 months. Ok so I was put on the pill (Loestrin 20) and i've been using that for about 5 weeks now, it seems to have sorted out the problem. Took the first packet and bled during the break, on the second packet now which has a few days left and I havent had any other bleeding. So I'm happy with that but NOT happy with having the implant in aswell so when I go back to see the lady probably in 2 weeks time i'm going to ask no wait demand to have it out because I dont see the point in having both and like you say it's a lot of hormones for my body.

Get them to take it out.

x

DOH :dohh:

You're right!! :blush:

Get them to take it out.

x

DOH :dohh:

You're right!! :blush:

:thumbup:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members