Implant worth it?

krissie328

Reaction score
Ladies- I am thinking of trying the implant. However, I want to start ttc in May/June if I do go on it. Do you think it would be worth it for such a short while?

We're planning to TTC in march and I had one fitted at the end of may. Totally regretted it, I thought it would be worth it but I've already had it removed because I got on horribly with it.
They're so hit and miss with their reactions, I wouldn't bother tbh. They're such a hassle to get in and out. I don't know about you but the place I have to get mine fitted takes ages to get an appointment as well.
I think it's also good to have a few months off additional hormones before trying.

Thanks. I have a terrible time with hormonal birth control as it is. I have had the best luck with the nuvaring which is free with my insurance so maybe I will just stick with that.

I've had 3 implants. The first one I never bled on and it worked wonders. The 2nd I had for 1.5 years and bled pretty much constantly. The 3rd (the one I've just had) was awful. I bled constantly from the day it got put in, I was an emotional moody wreck, I had constant head aches and migraines. It was awful!
They're always really insistent you don't get it removed early and tell you it will "settle". I'm never getting one again!
Good idea.

Wow that sounds awful!! I thought about the Mirena too but I have heard to many horror stories. I might still try the implant after baby #2 while we decide if we are going to go for a third. (I am really against it but I told DH I would give it two years to decide before he gets the snip).

I appreciate you sharing your experiences.

I used the implant for 6 years - i think it's worth a try if you're looking for something long-term but as you're ttc not too far in the future i wouldn't bother with it. It was good while i had it - luckily didn't get any extreme side effects. But now i've had it out i wish i'd had it out earlier. I had mine removed 6months before our original ttc date (January 2016) to try to get my regular cycles back (only just finished month 1 but not looking great atm!)

Have a chat with your doctor and see if they recommend anything that won't drastically skew your cycles? xxx

It wasn't a good choice for me. I bled almost continuously (for 6 months!) and during the time I had it, I suffered horribly with depression. My mood felt infinitely better within a month of having it removed.

horrible for me too and really hard to get it out! The only way I could get someone to agree to remove it before the 3 years was up was to say I wanted to TTC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->