Implantation Bleeding? Help!

MegL

Reaction score
Hi all.
I think I may be experiencing implantation bleeding, but am not sure.
The toughest part about figuring this all out is that I am on the pill and skip my period for two months at a time. So ovulation calculators, etc. can basically be thrown out the window.
Here is what has been happening. Please help!

My boyfriend and I had sex on October 20th. Then, two weeks ago, I started bleeding, around the time I would have if I had gotten my period. However, I am still bleeding, exactly two weeks later. I am not bleeding heavily, not like a normal period or anything, but enough to notice. It's probably a bit more than spotting. My breasts have also been very tender and swollen. They seem to have gone down a bit lately. I also have been experiencing some lower back pain, but nothing extreme.
I am still on the pill and only two days ago did I realize it could be that I'm pregnant. I am not sure what to do. My period is due to come next Tuesday, the 20th.
How soon can I take an at-home pregnancy test?

We really want to know if this could be implantation bleeding or if it it something else all together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

When was your last period? Did you miss any pills? While you might be pg, you may want to talk to your doc. Did you double up on any packages (to miss your period)? I've had friends that if they do that they will bleed lightly from when they should get their period until the next one...maybe that's what's happening.

Doesn't sound like implantation bleeding, sounds more like a hormone imbalance. You should see your doc about it.

dakini....my last period was over two months ago. That's the issue. So its very hard for me to tell. And yes, I've missed pills. I went away for a weekend and forgot to bring them with me, ended up missing three in a row.

I've been doubling up on my pills for years. I get really bad cramps when I get my period and my doc suggested this years ago. Probably at least 6 years that I have been doing this and on the same pills too!

I am going to make an appointment with the doc, but I wanted to seek out some advice first. From what I've read and my other symptoms, I thought it sounded like implantation bleeding.

nextsummer - what makes you think its a hormonal inbalance?

I'd definitely say see your doc. I have no idea about what might be happening...sorry. Though it could just be the same type of bleeding that my friends experienced...Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks dakini. I'll make an appointment. Was just hoping someone would have an idea...so strange!

It is strange. But it may just be a reaction to missing pills or even doubling up on packages...even if it's the same meds over time your reactions to them can change...see what the doc says. GL!

It seems too long for implantation bleeding. I say hormonal imbalance because of the pills.

Ok...thanks for your help guys. I'll keep you posted.

And I know someone who had implantation bleeding for a month and a half, so that is why the length didnt necessarily surprise me!

doesnt sound like implantation hun sorry sounds more like breakthrough bleeding which can happen if not taking pills correctly

just reading back have you been taking your pills regularly. bleeding whilst taking the pill is common especially if you are not taking them correctly or running packs together regularly or it could just be your bodies way of saying that this type of pill doesnt agree with you

If you miss pills it can cause withdraw bleeding. That can look like implantation bleeding..

Hi Lynz!

I haven't really done anything different as far as the pill goes. That's what is strange! I take the pill for two packs, then let my period come and then repeat.

I'm not trying to get pregnant, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if I was!

I just find it weird because my periods have ALWAYS been regular. And then the swollen, tender breasts on top of it all. And the lower back pain. Just found it odd, you know?

I have been taking the birth control pill for almost 10 years now. And I have been on the kind I'm currently taking for 8 years. And skipping periods for at least 6. So you can see why I am a bit puzzled by all of this!!

dont really know what to suggest hun wait and see if your next period arrives if not go and see your gp.
good luck

Yes, taking pills irregularly can really make your body, hormonally, CRAZY! But it doesn't sound like you're doing that. You're doing the "skip a period" method, right? You can do that with ANY brand/type of BCPs under a Doc's care. You don't have to take the placebos to get a hormone drop to get that withdrawal bleed that everybody calls an AF while on the pill. Really long-term bleeding as you're describe is probably break-through bleeding from the pill, not IB. It's hard to say when AF is "due" when you are doing that every-other month of AF method on BCPs. I'd say, just keep testing once per week (any other testing you do to satisfy any POAS habits is your biz... he he) until you get your AF using your pill method.

If it were me, I'd stop the BCPs immediately regardless of where you are in the pack & do the test once a week thing if you REALLY believe your preg and wouldn't mind being preg. You'll feel pretty nasty for a few months until you naturally regulate. Definitely use a back-up method of BC while off the pills unless you want to end up preg. Some people are REALLY fertile just off the pill & most are not, but you never know. Anyway, I hope this helps!! Good luck and I hope you get the answer you're looking for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->