Important Notice ...contraception Pill

akamummy

Reaction score
:wave: guys
I thought that I would cut and paste an email a girlfriend sent me all about a new contraception Pill that has come out on the market...it has some VERY dangerous side effects so I thought if any of you are either on the pill again or knows some who is...please read!

PASS THIS ON EVEN IF YOU
DO NOT USE IT

Recently this
past week, my cousin Nicole Dishuk (age 31...newly graduated student
with a doctoral degree about to start her new career as a Doctor...)
was flown into a nearby hospital, because she passed out.

They found a blood clot in her neck, and immediately took
her by helicopter to the ER to operate. By the time they removed the
right half of her skull to relieve the pressure on her brain; the
clot had spread to her brain causing severe damage.

Since
last Wednesday night, she was battling... They induced her into a
coma to stop the blood flow, they operated 3 times... Finally, they
said there was nothing left that they could do... They found
multiple clots in the left side of her brain... The swelling
wouldn't stop, and she was on life support...

She died at
4:30 yesterday. She leaves behind a husband, a 2yr old Brandon and a
4yr old Justin... The CAUSE of DEATH - they found was a birth
control she was taking that allows you to only have your period 3
times a year... They said it interrupts life's menstrual cycle, and
although it is FDA approved... Shouldn't be - So to the women in my
address book - I ask you to boycott this product & deal with
your period once a month - so you can live the rest of the months
that your life has in store for you.

*Please send this to
every woman you know - you may save someone's life... Remember, you have a CYCLE for a
reason!

The name of this new birth control pill
is LYBREL. If you go to Lybrel.com
https://lybrel.com/, you will find at
least 26 pages of information regarding this drug.

The
second birth control pill is, SEASONIQUE. If you go to
the website of,
Seasonique.com
https://seasonique
.com/, you will find 43
pages of information regarding this drug.

The warnings and
side effects regarding both pills are horrible. Please, please
forward this information to as many daughters AND sons, co-workers,
friends and relatives. Several lives have already been
changed.

akamummy - I think it is excellent that you are trying to raise awareness by passing on this email, but I think anyone reading this should probably consider the source. This kind of spam-like email relies a lot on anecdotes and not much on fact.
I am not advocating that anyone should take this new Pill, but before you base your medical choices on such a spam-like email, consider the science:
Every Pill you take interrupts your menstrual cycle. The Pill suppresses ovulation. You aren't having a real period on the Pill - it's more like breakthrough bleeding.
I know of many many women who already use their Pill to skip cycles. And do so with their doctor's approval.
The risk of blood clotting and stroke is present in varying degrees for all women who take the Pill, regardless of what brand it is. You will find pages and pages of information about all brands of the Pill - because there are plenty of possible side effects to ALL of them.
For those of you who are on the Pill, I assume that you read and understood those risks and decided with your healthcare practitioner that this was still the best choice for you - the risks were minimal compared to the benefits..

I guess my point is that I could point out horrendous side effects to most birth control methods. Each person should go out and educate herself about what's best for her and her body. Lots of women already use their regular Pill to get the same effects of the fewer periods Pills, and there have not been sudden spikes in Pill-related clots and strokes.
I am sorry for the unfortunate woman in the story, but she is not typical.
If you are concerned, give this new Pill a few years on the market and see how it does. Suggesting that it is going to cause mass death and damage isn't responsible or necessarily true (and akamummy, that is not aimed at you, that's at the original writer of the email).

https://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/dishuk.asp

Some info on snopes regarding this email - Snopes lists hoax & true emails that are constantly forwarded to friends etc.

https://obit.bizub.com/obit_display.cgi?id=335811&clientid=bizub

Wobbles - what an excellent site! Thank you!

:wave: Wobbs sorry I did not realise it was a spam email..I received it from a close friend and thought I was doing some good. :blush: Please feel free to take the thread off if it causes people be offended! I apologise if I have offended anyone...Im not trying to boycott using the pill or anything like that, I just thought that the email was fact. And didnt want someone to have problems...:blush:
Once again Sarak I did not mean to offend and by the sound of your thread you are very intelligent and scientific...so did not mean to tread on any toes! But if I was aware of it being spam email I would never have put the thread on in the first place!
:hug: Marina

:wave: Wobbs sorry I did not realise it was a spam email..I received it from a close friend and thought I was doing some good. :blush: Please feel free to take the thread off if it causes people be offended! I apologise if I have offended anyone...Im not trying to boycott using the pill or anything like that, I just thought that the email was fact. And didnt want someone to have problems...:blush:
Once again Sarak I did not mean to offend and by the sound of your thread you are very intelligent and scientific...so did not mean to tread on any toes! But if I was aware of it being spam email I would never have put the thread on in the first place!
:hug: Marina

Oh no!
I was worried that I was coming across being all scientific and know-it-all-y!
I was not all offended, just annoyed with the original writer of the email for using one woman's unfortunate death to make fear-mongering statements. I tried to say that I didn't think you were doing that at all. You were trying to raise awareness about something you thought was important for everyone's health. That's to be applauded.
And in the end, it raised a great point about such emails and their origins and def taught me something, so no harm done, at all.
And I apologize if I came across too emphatically. You know how nuts I went with pigeons - we're lucky I didn't go crazy and set up a ranting website about contraception!:)
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think the article just says there was no proof ...can't remember can't be assed reading it again :lol:

The site tells you if its truth or spoof - don't think it says either.

Don't worry hehe no apology needed x

Oh no!
I was worried that I was coming across being all scientific and know-it-all-y!
I was not all offended, just annoyed with the original writer of the email for using one woman's unfortunate death to make fear-mongering statements. I tried to say that I didn't think you were doing that at all. You were trying to raise awareness about something you thought was important for everyone's health. That's to be applauded.
And in the end, it raised a great point about such emails and their origins and def taught me something, so no harm done, at all.
And I apologize if I came across too emphatically. You know how nuts I went with pigeons - we're lucky I didn't go crazy and set up a ranting website about contraception!:)
:hugs::hugs::hugs:[/QUOTE]

No worries at all Sarahk Im just glad you werent offended! As for the pigeon issue...:rofl: I know! Its just all our hormones going :wacko: :rofl:
Take care everyone and thanks...:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->