Important pcos info. Those really struggling to conceive

ready4number1

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents,

I was diagnosed with PCOS and have since been struggling with getting pregnant, keeping a pregnancy, etc. I have been keeping things in check holistically. Unfortunately I still have cycles when I don't O.

I am not the typical PCOS woman. I am 5'6 and 105 pounds. I have NEVER had a drop of acne and can probably count every pimple I have had in my life on one hand. I do not grow a lot of hair on my face. I grow a few strands on my chin I tweeze maybe once a month and a light mustache lol. I do not have to be on metformin because I "don't have that type of PCOS, (gyno)."

Anyway, I am writing this to encourage all of you to get your thyroid checked. The correlation is unreal, and the symptoms are frighteningly similar. I say frighteningly because of all of the possible misdiagnosis and women spending thousands of dollars trying to conceive because they have been treating the wrong issue. My thyroid has been on the low side of "normal" at one point, low the next, then kind of "normal." Well, normal for them does NOT work for me. My acupuncturist encouraged me to begin an herbal thyroid supplement...

By the time I took my second pill I felt like someone took the blinders off. I feel happy and friendly. Not that I was mean at all, but you don't realize what you are missing until you experience what you are missing.

Even if your thyroid is a little off, it can still affect you in a major way. Especially fertility. Some doctors do not seem to get that. I don't know why, and I don't care. I just want to spread the news to you ladies that may not be aware. The good news is, when treated, fertility usually resumes rather quickly.

Many women that have PCOS also have hypothyroidism. Guess what hypothyroidism can cause? Hair loss, weight gain, POLYCYSTIC OVARIES, annovulation, blood sugar issues, and infertility to name a few.

I believe I have been completely misdiagnosed. That is fine. 32 yo with not children, not as bad as it could be. I am just happy I found out now.

I have been on the thyroid suppliment about a week and everyday I take it I feel a difference in me right away. Also, I got PMS this month!! I was a moody little woman the night before last. My nipples were sore and now my breasts are tender. Also, my period seems to have started. I am truly looking forward to this cycle!!

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask whatever you want and I will try hard to answer your questions.

I am not doctor, but I am one determined woman living with infertility. And I think everyone knows nothing tops a woman with a goal!

P.S. Even if you are overweight it can still be hypothyroidism. I want to emphasize that.

Does a doc have to prescribe them or no? They did a full panel blood work for me and everything came back normal. But I would love to give it a shot!

Does a doc have to prescribe them or no? They did a full panel blood work for me and everything came back normal. But I would love to give it a shot!

No a doc does not have to prescribe them. It is worth a shot, if you feel a lot better on them there you go. I have the Mega Food brand and it is called Thyroid strength. Are your periods normal? Skin dry? Hair and nails brittle? Can't stand being cold? Puffy eyelids?

Like I said, my thyroid has come up "normal" as well. It was not normal enough for me.

Check out the symptoms online and see if you have any of them. :hugs:

Have you tried TCM for PCOS or Hypothyroidism? Might be worth a shot... My brothers friend (34 I think) cut some inflammatory foods out of her diet and really helped her thyroid issue

Hey I found that really interesting becausw I have hypothyroidism that I am being treated for with levothyroxine but it jus feels like it has made no difference at all im getting more and more hair and pimples each day my skin n hair are the driest they've ever been and im still tired and cranky and always getting head aches also have no periods unless brought on by something :/ do you think I could take the supplement with the medication?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->