Improving the odds!!!!

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Ok. Now I read somewhere that even if you BD on the days which you are ovulating, you still only have a 33% chance of conceiving. :hissy: Is there anyway of improving the odds? Has anyone any suggestions?:happydance:

For example, someone told me that taking iron supplements can improve your chance of pregnancy? Is that true?

I got no Idea, but I am interested on reading some responses. Anything to help would be great.

i think its every 48hrs of ovalting i think the girls now best

Unfortunatley the odds are true, and i dont think there is any way of improving the odds.

If you have fertility probs then yes you can possibly improve odds but i dont think you can improve any more for a healthy couple

I never realized how small a percentage that is!!

You should start taking Prenatal Vitamins before TTC but that is so you are ready for when you do get pregnant. "The every other day" Method is suppose to help. Good luck! :hugs:

Pre-vits as Suz says - Men taking vitimin supplements can help too :D

Thanks girls!:hugs:

I have just gone out and bought some Pregnacare vitamins (it has stuff like folic acid, iron, vitamin D, vitamin B6...etc etc in it) and have been taking folic acid for a couple of months in preparation for ttc.

I took evening primrose oil as its ment to help with FCM. Mine was not brill before.. this was my second month and bingo have now got BFP

:hi:I read an internet report on improving fertility by someone called Beth Riley (or Kiley or something) and she made some suggestions. I think she has written a book on the topic. Here are some of her suggestions (I am not sure how reliable they are or if you guys know them already):

* cut down (and if possible cut out altogether) caffeinated drinks like coffee, tea and coke. She says that even one cup of tea or coffee a day can cut down fertility rate. This is obviously going to be difficult for some people, especially if you are like me and cannot function in the morning without a wake up cup of tea!! :hissy: Herbal teas - ugghhh! Although, someone did tell me the ginger one is ok. Some herbal teas you are supposedly unable to drink if you are pregnant.

* avoid fish high in mercury (even when ttc). She suggests that eating salmon and rainbow trout (whatever a rainbow trout is) are ok and high in good fats (I was quite excited to read that there is a 'good' fat out there - does this include Greens and Black Chocolate?:lol:)

* As well as having sex rampantly during your fertile period, have sex at least five times a month during your non fertile period - she suggests that if you don't, sperm can become, well basically like teenagers, sluggish and extremely lazy.

I hope this is of some use! Baby dust for all!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"