In A&E and need some reassurance.

T

TeddysGirl

Day before yesterday about 11pm I went to the toilet and when I wiped there was some pink spotting. I worried (due to 2 previous chemical pregnancies) so I phoned NHS direct and they seeing my GP the next day so I did and they said there was no point doing a scan because they wouldn't be able to see the fetal heartbeat because I am so early (only about 5 weeks). The spotting had stopped so they told me not to worry.

So about 31 hours passed with no spotting and this morning I went to the toilet and when I wiped there was red blood, more than before but not enough to reach my knickers. So I've decided to come to A&E. I told work what was going on and thank god they were really sympathetic !

They've just tested my urine and said it's positive and they've now taken my blood which can take an hour for the results to come back.

I've had 2 chemical pregnancies before and I'm in the same room as I was with my second chemical so that's not nice.

Anyone have any idea what they are looking for in my blood because surely just the hcg levels won't tell them much ? Any idea what else they might do ?

I'm so worried ! Thanks for any advice !

They could be looking at your progesterone levels hun if its low it can make you miscarry but if it is low they may want you on medication for it to bring it back up and help the pregnancy

I hope everything goes ok hun xxx

They might be taking the bloods so they can take them again in a few days for hcg rise, good luck hun i hope everything goes perfectly xx

Oh no Hun 😢. 🙏 all is ok. It will be to get a baseline the see if they double. Surprised they didn't scan tho. I was scan at 3weeks+6. I have had this Hun bleed twice to far. But my hormones look great. I asked about the bleeding & they said try not to worry bleeding doesn't always mean it's over. GL Hun I'll be thinking of you xxx

Aww no, hope all goes well. Thinking of you hun :hugs:

They took my blood over 2 hours ago. Still no results. I've had a pelvic exam and my cervix is closed and no more blood so feeling more positive.

They took my blood over 2 hours ago. Still no results. I've had a pelvic exam and my cervix is closed and no more blood so feeling more positive.

That's good news. Hope the bloods come back good too

That's good news, keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Just got results. Hcg levels of 16,000 ! Now waiting for a scan :)

On the scan the baby is in the right place. They can see the gestational sack and yolk sack but no heartbeat because I'm too early. They've asked me to go back on 6th May for another scan to see everything is developing normally. I'll put up my scan picture later when I'm on my computer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->