In denial about becoming a mum of 2 (well) under 2

Honestly? I was in denial up until my daughter was born. I imagined a 3 year age gap...and then I ended up pregnant a year sooner than I wanted and ended up with kids 23 months apart.

I won't lie...there were times that it was really hard but it was no where NEAR as hard as I had imagined it would be. I kept reading horror stories and thinking I wouldn't be able to manage at all. Well I made it through the first year alright and you will to! Just take it one day at a time.

I also HIGHLY suggest you invest in a baby carrier. It makes things ten times easier. I was able to chase my son at the park and not be held down by a stroller or a bucket car seat. It also makes the newborns less fussy and they tend to sleep more in a carrier so you can still get your work done hands free.

My first day home alone with my kids was a disaster...both kept going in their diapers and screaming for attention anytime I was focusing on the other...I thought I would never survive life like this but you quickly work out a system and adjust.

I promise you it is manageable and can be easy if you get a system down...and this is coming from someone whose daughter was as high needs as it comes.

That sounds a lot like me. I like my routine and jack looking clean and tidy (at least at the start of the day!) tea at 6, bed at 7.30 etc. I'm worried how I'll cope with losing a grip of his routine and what effect it will have on him too...

I'm the same, I have to have a tidy house, it's an obsession. My kids have to be clean and tidy.

The kids have routine, the twins sort of set it, they will insist on going to bed even if I'm trying to get them down a little later lol. I think with multiples you have to have routine. You don't have to lose your routine, you may need to alter. Slightly but you will as you children age anyway.

If you are in a panic then write the routine, the visual reminder will help you and anyone visiting keep everything on track. :hugs: it will be fine.

I know how you feel. I had 2 only 14 months apart. You really have to just get in a routine and it all falls in to place. The first 3 months are very tough but hopefully you have help. Some days are better than others but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I have a 22 month old and a 16wk old & although it can be difficult at times for various reasons, I dont regret having them close together :) at first my eldest was jealous an acted up, now they smile an laugh at each other x

My OH would love to ttc now but Im terrified of having 3 under 2!!

I was terrified during my pregnancy of how Id cope with two babies but you know what....you just do!!

Im a firm believer that god (or life, whatever you believe :haha:) never gives us more than we can handle.

Ive found organisation is the key! For wxample while OH plays with them in bath I get pjs and nappies laid out, and if its my working day next day, tomorrows clothes laid out too. I know it sounds daft but its doing little things like that, that make life (a little) easier!

Honestly it just all falls into place. Poppy has her own routine and freya just kind of fell into it too. Poppy wasn't ever bothered by freya even when she came to see us in hospital she just didn't care. They love each other so much now they are best friends. It will be hard sometimes like when you have to get to the doctors at a certain time and you've got a baby that wants feeding and a toddler who wont put there shoes on lol, but you quickly learn to give yourself and extra 20 minutes to do anything. Mine both nap at the same time for 2 hours everyday which i LOVE i catch up on things or just mooch about.

Freya was planned but i wont lie there were times when i was pregnant i thought what have i done :S but it has worked wonderfully. Just remember to pick your battles and it'll be fine!

13 months between my two. Both were planned but I was still scared when I got to 30ish weeks with #2 and realised that I'd have two babies to look after!

I found the beginning really easy, and if I'm being honest, it's only becoming slightly challenging now that #2 is getting ready to crawl and wants to be on the move. We experienced no jealousy (which surprised me as DD was, and still is, a total mummy's girl) and they play and laugh together all day long.

We always said two was our limit, but are now considering TTC #3 after our wedding in March, so it can't be that bad! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->