in denial..

Nae

Reaction score
so last night/early this morning me and my ex had relations. things got wild and the condom came off... but that didnt stop us. after we were done, i found the condom. a part of me is stressed out because according to my monthly menstrual chart, i began ovulating yesterday. part of me wants to become pregnant. the other part is in denial and is convinced i'll be fine. my perios isnt due until the 20th. i'll be driven crazy by then. any advice? opinions? i just need somebody to talk to i guess...

by the way, im 18.
graduate highschool at the end of the month.

so last night/early this morning me and my ex had relations. things got wild and the condom came off... but that didnt stop us. after we were done, i found the condom. a part of me is stressed out because according to my monthly menstrual chart, i began ovulating yesterday. part of me wants to become pregnant. the other part is in denial and is convinced i'll be fine. my perios isnt due until the 20th. i'll be driven crazy by then. any advice? opinions? i just need somebody to talk to i guess...

by the way, im 18.
graduate highschool at the end of the month.

Girl, I DEF know that feeling! I know it's easier to say "don't stress" but honestly you will drive yourself insane if you keep thinking about it. Because the egg is viable for about 24-48 hours after it is released, you may want to go to your local drug store and purchase the morning after pill if you are concerned about your age and possibly having a baby. They are available over the counter now or at least I know you can get them from the pharmacy without a prescription. But if that is the route that you choose to take, keep in mind it is really only successful in preventing pregnancy the day after but may still be effective 48 hrs later. I suggest you talk to the pharmacist about it or your ob/gyn for more information and alternatives.

Otherwise, if you think that you are ready for a baby and can handle all of the responsibility that comes along with caring for a child, wait it out and hope for the best. I don't judge. But I will be honest with you...I am 26 years old now. I had my son when I was 21 and in my senior year of college. My son's father and I had just broken up prior to me finding out I was pregnant and he and I made an agreement to be civil while raising our son in seperate households. Although I had a good job for a 21 year old with no dergee, at the time I was making about $40,000/yr, I was still struggling to pay for diapers, clothing, day care, rent, etc...so I had to move back in with my parents (his father was still in school and making hardly any money). It was a struggle and I had to make many sacrifices including taking time off of school but I don't regret a single thing because my son is my LIFE!!

I am now 26 and FINALLY graduating in May 2012. I just want to give you the reality of the situation, that's all. Whatever you decide to do, just make the best decision for the baby, meaning making sure you have the support and resources to care for a baby and not making a decision based on emotions. Idk what your relationship is like with your parents but maybe have a discussion with them once you find out the outcome in a few weeks.

I hope this helped a little :winkwink:

Stay positive!!:flower:

welll, dunno what to tell you, but whatever comes, im sure its for the best for you! Good luck! :)

im in the same boat its one of those things you kinda want to be pregnant but you are scared to be? i am on bc and i dident take it for about a month and it so happens we ran out of condoms and we used the "pull out" method wich i think i got pregnant from it but im not sure if its just in my mind or if its real.. i love babys and i think pregnancy is amazing but it scares me to think of me having one or being pregnant...

im also 18 and graduated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->