In her own room last night.. couple of q's

A

AppleBlossom

Grace went in her own room in her cot last night in the hope she would sleep better. In a way she did. She slept until 2.45 when normally she would have been up at 11ish and 1ish. Then she slept from 3 till 4. Then when she woke at 5.30 I brought her in with me and she slept till 6.30 then 7. And then at half 7 I took her back into her room and put her in the cot. I got up at half 9, but checked on her once or twice.

Is it bad that come 8 she was starting to get whingy so I closed my door? Lol. I know the only reason she whinges in the mornings is for attention and I knew if I left her to whinge she's tire herself out and fall back to sleep which is what she did. I felt cruel knowing she was whinging. But the thing is, the noise irritates me and I end up picking her up to stop it and I know I shouldn't because she'll keep doing it. So if I couldn't hear her I wasn't going to pick her up and eventually she'll learn not to do it. Should I do that or am I just being mean?

Also is it possible for silence to wake up a baby? I know that sounds silly but her room is at the front next to the main road and we are on a busy bus route till about 1. I think the noise might have helped her sleep better because she only woke up once the traffic had stopped and when she's asleep in our room it's deathly silent and she wakes up at random times.

I find that Ruby sleeps better if there is noise around her, think its a comfort thing. Glad Grace had a better night sleep in her own room. Such a grown up little lady. Wish we had room so Ruby could have her own room. Leaving her to winge a little isnt cruel in my eyes after all she wasnt crying and soon settled back to sleep for you xx

half 9 wow you are lucky. personally i get up at 7am when Jack wakes even though i am tired its one of those things x

Jasmine likes to be by the noise aswell, I think its soo they don't feel alone

Glad she slept better!

I also get up at around 7... I find this is just when she gets awake, and she falls asleep earlier in the evening and easier. Sucks cause I dont get to sleep in... but it does mean she knows night and day.

Personally I think if your going to be successfull at getting her into her own room you should leave her in her room... Not bring her into yours in the middle of the night and then back to hers. I think it may confuse her.

I ask you in your other post if she would take a dummy or if she has a comfort item... Those are both good help.

Oliver is in his own room and as long as he is full of food and has a clean nappy, then we leave him to whinge. If it turns to more than that, or goes on for a long time, then obviously we go to him. He will always fall asleep eventually.
Hope things go ok for you all!!

I put Leo in his own room last week (very young I know) but he has slept for the first time since he has been born and last night he actually 7pm to 2am and then until 7am and he gets really good sleep. In the morning he is like a different baby really contented and happy. I to pull our door to when he whinges as he is falling asleep. No harm in it you are just teaching your baby that his/her cot is a safe place to be to fall asleep plus it will be so much easier when you put them in their big beds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->