In labor? Can contractions be painless?

ElizabethK_

Reaction score
So since this afternoon I've had like lots of strong BH contractions that are regular but not in a specific time frame. They are between 7-11 minutes apart but there is no pain. Just alot of pressure.

Is this the start of something? I have had pink cm since this morning but I assumed that would be from the examination the doctor did yesterday. He just examined my cervix he didn't do a sweep, so I don't know if I should call or wait!

So confused!

My labour was an extension of Braxton hicks. Started Monday afternoon and LO was born early hours of Wednesday morning.

The start of my labour was pretty painless I just carried on with my day as normal not thinking t was anything. The next day I woke up and it was more period pain like and back cramps but not too bad. Then by the night time I was in agony.

So yes early labour can be painless but believe me the later stages are not! Xx

Start of labour to holiday my daughter was probably 48 hours x

My labor started as just frequent BH. No rhythm to them at all. Got me to 4cm dilated before any regular ones happened lol

My early labor contractions did not hurt. I didn't know I was having them until I went in because my water broke and they asked me how long I'd been having contractions. Then they hooked me up to the machine, and I was having contractions like every 6 minutes or so.

I was briefly admitted with dd1 with painless contractions that were very regular. I was on the monitor and they were contractions but my stomach just tightened. They kept me long enough to see that nothing was coming of it. I honestly don't remember how long after that the actual labour was sorry!

I was induced with my first, but with my second labour I started having tightenings 8-10 mins apart at around 1pm and didn't get any pain until around 5/6pm, when they were about 6 mins apart. I got to hospital at 9pm with painful contractions 4 mins apart.

Good luck! X

I didn't feel a single contraction with my first the whole time I was in labor. (Though previously I had felt BH)

Thanks ladies for replying! I think I lost my mucus plug today and had lots of back ache last night! So maybe things are moving along but slowly. I still have the odd pressure here and there but no consistency yet.

I just hope I go into labor naturally, cause I just don't want to be induced!

I had 'silent labour' with my first up until about 4cm dilated. Went to the hospital for a NST and was apparently having contractions every few minutes. The only way I could tell was when the nurses told me to feel my belly. Crazy! This went on until my water broke the following morning and after that.....holy moly!! haha

It could be the start of something, but it's not going to be labor until they become regular and start increasing in intensity. I had contractions that were 3 to 5 minutes apart for two days straight before going into real labor, last time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->