In need of some reassurance, suggestions on FETAL DOPPLER

nevergivingup

Mommy To a Miracle Baby
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a great fetal Doppler? I have a horrible Doctor that doesn't do fetal heart monitor until like 15 weeks...so I'm in need of some reassurance, a Doppler that can pick it up early bring that I am pretty early 5wks 5 days so far?

It's common for them to wait until 15/16 weeks ... Some pick up as early as 10 weeks but honestly it's too early right now x

Most DRs don't listen in until 20+ weeks where I'm from. That's just normal.

It would still be too early until about 8/9 weeks, possibly even later. I'd reccomend the Sonoline B.

I've found mine since 8 weeks with the sonoline b, that took quite a bit of searching. If you are going to get worried by not finding it, I'd say don't get one. There were a few times I could find it for days at a a time (I only try for a couple of minutes) but now I'm further on (12 weeks) can find it in about 10-20 seconds. X

It's both a blessing and a curse!

5 weeks is way too early for a doppler to pick up the heartbeat hun, most ultrasounds can't pick up a heartbeat in week 5. First time midwifes use a doppler in my area is 16 weeks.

Yes 16 weeks here too that mw will have a listen X

Finding it anything b4 10 weeks ur self is good going so don't go out and buy one and expect to find it in the next few weeks xx

I got one the other day, it's a Hi Bebe one by the brand Bistos, but I would recommend Sonoline B - seems better from all the videos I've watched. I tried the night I got it, I was 9 weeks 2 days, and it would blip over the baby's heartbeat and register it for a second but wouldn't really pick up the sound. I know it was baby because I had found my artery and the placenta easily and knew what those sounded like and the rate they were at. My doctor used her Doppler on me yesterday at my appointment, at 9 weeks 3 days, and found it perfectly after a minute or so of looking. Sounded great on hers. Now, she said she only was offering to check because I am quite small (105 lbs) and that she normally would never even try on anyone until they were 12 weeks, and wouldn't even worry about not finding the heartbeat when trying until they were 15 weeks. She warned me she still may not be able to find it. I had faith tho because I knew I had been picking it up the night before :)

My advice to you is - if you're going to get one, watch a ton of videos and do a ton of reading so that you know how to use it (the method that works best for searching) and what you are hearing (there are other sounds that you could easily mistake for baby's heartbeat). Wait until you are further along to try, like 8 weeks at least. And don't even attempt if it's going to make you really upset if you can't find it. It takes a lot of patience.

Hope some of this helped! Let us know what you decide and how you make out! :)

THANKS SO MUCH ELLA86!!!! I'll take you all advice and wait until I'm further along.

Np! I completely understand about wanting reassurance. It's such an odd thing, to know you're pregnant but not be able to see/feel/etc. baby. You're too early now to use one (heart may not even be beating yet), but in a couple/few weeks' time you could give it a go. Good luck to you! Do you have an early scan booked? That can show you the heart beating in the meantime :)

Np! I completely understand about wanting reassurance. It's such an odd thing, to know you're pregnant but not be able to see/feel/etc. baby. You're too early now to use one (heart may not even be beating yet), but in a couple/few weeks' time you could give it a go. Good luck to you! Do you have an early scan booked? That can show you the heart beating in the meantime :)

No DH and I just moved to another state and had to change doctors and the doctor I have doesn't do scans until 15-16 wks. My last OB did a scan for me around 7 wks So I'm stuck waiting....a couple of family members mentioned that they had dreams ab me breast feeding a baby including hubby and a friend so that's all I have right now to carry me on.

5 weeks is way too early for a doppler to pick up the heartbeat hun, most ultrasounds can't pick up a heartbeat in week 5. First time midwifes use a doppler in my area is 16 weeks.

Oh yeah, way too early. My doc starts at 10 weeks. I did use an app tho where I was able to hear the heartbeat, but i have yet to find it again :dohh:

I had a good doppler and I'm pretty skinny but it took me till 10 weeks all three times to hear the baby. I think it just takes ages for my uterus to stop hiding behind my pelvis lol.

In the UK midwives don't try and listen until like 20+ weeks. They used to listen at 16 weeks but told me they don't anymore incase they can't find it and cause stress.

I found mine with my Sonoline b at just shy of 9 weeks this time and 10 weeks last time because that's when it came in the mail :)

I have to angle the wand behind my pubic bone because as its been mentioned before the uterus doesn't move up until around 12 weeks. A lot of women don't find it until much later so if you do try in a few weeks don't panic if you can't locate it. I'm a bigger gal so it's tough and if I breathe too heavy I lose it so it's a challenge lol.

Thanks Ladies!!! Seems like Sonoline B is the best option!!

Thanks Pandi77 I'm a big gal too so it's helpful to know it still works on us as well.

I found mine on sonoline B at 7.5 weeks ! Super faint but there :)
I've noticed I have to have a full bladder or else it takes forever to find it

I found mine on sonoline B at 7.5 weeks ! Super faint but there :)
I've noticed I have to have a full bladder or else it takes forever to find it

Thanks Mummof1 that's very helpful!!!! I think I'll order it after my first doctor appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->