In need of success stories w/blood clotting disoder.

Mrs Reineke

Reaction score
I'm 31 and my husband is 33. We are trying for our first and I have had 2 early miscarriages. One at 5 1/2 weeks and one at 6 weeks. I have been able to get pregnant easily, just can't seem to stay pregnant. So I have bothered the crap out of my doctors to do some testing even though they typically won't do any testing until after 3 miscarriages. Here's where I stand...

I have Factor V Leiden heterozygous (blood clotting disorder), which I knew about already.
Just found out I have slight Anticardiolipin antibodies which is another blood clotting disorder.
Thyroid-normal
FSH-normal
AMH-normal
Estradiol-normal
All other blood clotting tests-normal
Getting progesterone tested tomorrow.

I have read online that with blood clotting disorders it can cause early miscarriage due to tiny blood clots stopping the supply to the baby and therefore causing it to miscarry. Well I have never been on anything for this previously, but we are going to try again the middle of December, but I have started taking baby aspirin, Omega 3's and a prenatal vitamin that my doctor prescribed me that has more folic acid in it than what you can get over the counter. The blood doctor told me that as soon as I get pregnant again, I will need to have the Anticardiolipin levels checked again, because they tend to rise in pregnancy and if they do I will be put on Lovenox. This is scary news, but I'm hoping this may be the cause of my 2 miscarriages. Please if anyone has success stories that have had this same type of situation, I would LOVE to hear them. I'm in need of some encouragement right now. I'm excited to try again because I'm hoping we might have figured it out, but terrified because I couldn't imagine going through another miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->