In tears worrying for the worst.

Finny88

Reaction score
I am still waiting on Medicaid. Who knows when I'll be seen. My mind goes to the worst like what if it us a tubal pregnancy or something. I think I'm going to lose it waiting. 😖

Medicaid back dates to anything you may need done until it kicks in so don't worry too much hun. Ectopics are rare and if you haven't had any bleeds with cramping/one sided pain it's very unlikely that's happening. If you do get spotting you can go to the ER and Medicaid will back date pay it even if you aren't "active" currently. Btw since you are getting Medicaid go ahead and apply for WIC as you will more than likely qualify. They have some great (and free) health care programs/options in the meantime and can provide you with food vouchers as well. Good luck and try not to worry!

I have WIC for my son. I can't make an appointment until it is active.

awww don't worry hun everything will be just fine.. just don't stress yourself .. !
I'm kind of in the same boat, as I'm an american just moved to uk :/ and i was not registered with a doc until i found out that I got preg.. i went to the doc on monday and she referred me to the midwife (I'm still trying to figure out the systems here :/) and she said someone will call me in a few days.. still waiting :( ... I'm 6 weeks already and haven't even had blood work done .. meanwhile, I ordered some internet cheapies :p from amazon lol and doing a pee test every single day and just watching it get darker n darker makes me a bit calm .. !! xx good luck to both of us

If your doctor's not accepting you until your Medicaid is active, maybe look into another one? Most doctor's will still see you as long as you bring your papers to show that you've applied. Something worth looking into. :)

awww don't worry hun everything will be just fine.. just don't stress yourself .. !
I'm kind of in the same boat, as I'm an american just moved to uk :/ and i was not registered with a doc until i found out that I got preg.. i went to the doc on monday and she referred me to the midwife (I'm still trying to figure out the systems here :/) and she said someone will call me in a few days.. still waiting :( ... I'm 6 weeks already and haven't even had blood work done .. meanwhile, I ordered some internet cheapies :p from amazon lol and doing a pee test every single day and just watching it get darker n darker makes me a bit calm .. !! xx good luck to both of us

you usually dont get seen by midwife untill 8-10 weeks for your booking appt you will get blood tests/blood presure/ height weight checked etc then get a scan around 12 weeks

you usually dont get seen by midwife untill 8-10 weeks for your booking appt you will get blood tests/blood presure/ height weight checked etc then get a scan around 12 weeks

Ok now that sucks :dohh: .. so u mean to say they won't even do a blood work until I'm 8-10 week :( uhhhhhhhhhh all that waiting

OP - I don't know much about the US healthcase system or insurance, but just wanted to say :hugs: and hope your wait isn't too long and scary. The chances are you'll be fine, thankfully ectopic pregnancies are quite rare and if you haven't got any pain in your side or bleeding then it's unlikely.

Dream.Angel - In the UK they don't test beta levels unless they suspect something is wrong. So at 8-10 weeks they won't test hCG levels, they will test your immunity, blood cell levels and for diseases like syphylis and HIV.

I've always been mystified by women talking about having Betas taken and I'm glad they don't do that here. I'd be terrified every time I was waiting for the result! I think here in the UK the approach is a lot less medicalised (if that is even a word!), which everyone will have their own opinions about, but me personally, I enjoy it. It makes pregnancy, labour and birth feel a lot more natural. Good luck settling in to the UK health system and settling in to the country :) Despite being British, I was raised an expat and moved here when I was eighteen. It took some getting used to at first, but now I do love it here. Then again, I live in London, which to me is the best city in the world :haha: Never thought I'd say that when I moved here all those years ago!

x

Do you mean you can't apply for WIC until your Medicaid is active? You can actually apply even if your aren't on Medicaid at all if you are pregnant and meet the income guidelines you get accepted very quickly. The hardest part about getting WIC (as you know) is waiting for an appt in general. If your son was approved you will be approved regardless of whether your Medicaid had been approved.

Ok now that sucks :dohh: .. so u mean to say they won't even do a blood work until I'm 8-10 week :( uhhhhhhhhhh all that waiting

Nope and HCG levels won't be discussed either. I couldn't tell you what mine are or have been.

Do you mean you can't apply for WIC until your Medicaid is active? You can actually apply even if your aren't on Medicaid at all if you are pregnant and meet the income guidelines you get accepted very quickly. The hardest part about getting WIC (as you know) is waiting for an appt in general. If your son was approved you will be approved regardless of whether your Medicaid had been approved.

I already have WIC and it's not my biggest worry. I really want to get my Medicaid approved is all.

I already have WIC and it's not my biggest worry. I really want to get my Medicaid approved is all.

Okay great..I was just thinking if you didn't have it that would be a nice project in the interim while you were waiting :thumbup:. If you have any need for emergency care it will be covered as I mentioned before so try not to worry. It's called PMC (presumptive eligibility coverage) and when you apply they should give you a form good up to 3 months in case it takes that long to get approved. If you did not receive this form you should follow up with them so you can get it. You can show it to most doctors and all hospitals to receive care if needed.

As a lot of other ladies mentioned the doctors don't usually schedule you to have a scan until 12 weeks anyways and Medicaid (unless there's a medical diagnosis requiring more) schedules 2 scans for pregnant women- 1 at 12 weeks and 1 at 20 weeks. That being said I can imagine your frustration on not getting to go in sooner for a piece of mind. Good luck and try not to worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->