In the blink of an eye

velo

Reaction score
(or the scratch of a boob as the case may be)

Well my DH and I have been TTC our first for about 20 months now, and sadly our journey ends in an outcome I least expected.

I found a rather large lump in my breast two weeks ago while trying to scratch an itch. After a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy I found out I have breast cancer, and it is likely fairly aggressive. Tuesday I will have a partial mastectomy. Then radiation and/or chemo will come next.

I wondered how I could have missed this and it just came out of nowhere, as trust me in TTC I have been feeling myself up lots during the TWWs wondering could I be pregnant?

So now my focus turns from a baby to survival. Its likely I will need chemo which has a good chance of putting me into menopause. I'm glad I am not pg now because I don't think I could choose between treatment or not treatment. I can hope once I kick cancer's ugly ass to the curb we can adopt, and that the C word won't bias adoption agencies too badly. I know there is the possibility of egg harvesting prior to chemo, but anything hormonal is likely to exasperate the tumor.

Anyway I won't be posting on here anymore but I wanted to wish everyone luck in their journeys. Hold your loved ones tight and be grateful for all the blessings in your lives.

And if you can spare some cancer-crushing vibes, they would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, I am so sorry you are going through this! Thank God you found it when you did! I wish you the best of luck with your surgeries and chemo. And when you are well again I wish you the best of luck getting your baby! Good luck!

Wow Velo my heart goes out to you

Good thing you were TTC or you might have missed it:hugs:

I will pray for your speedy recovery and you can always join me in the adoption area

I am sorry Velo to hear your news. We are the same age.

Life is not predictable but one thing I have learned in my 38 years is that you cannot control what happens to you but you can control your reaction to it.

I pray that you will be completely free from cancer and that you will be a mother yet!

Velo, how awful! Lots of cancer-crushing vibes coming your way. Stay strong and keep fighting xx

Velo - So sorry hun :flower: you must be devastated.

Sending lots and lots of cancer crushing vibes your way - keep fighting and keep strong!

Wishing you luck for the future whichever path it leads you.

:hugs:

X

O velo I have been wondering how you were ,we joined the same time last year , am so sad for you ,my sil had a breast removed last year and has just got the all clear ,I hope you come out of this fighting ,there's also a girl on here that had a breast removed and reconstruction last year and is now TTc ,I will include you in my prayers sweetie and I hope you can keep in touch and let us know how you are ,love and prayers ,Tracey :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thoughts, prayers, strength and positive vibes for you

Missuso x

So sorry to hear your news, I'm so glad you found the lump and got it checked out.

Im a cancer nurse and i know lots of cancer surviors who find a way of becoming a Mummy I'm sure your day will come.

Sending lots of positive vibes to you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: and lots of :gun::gun::gun:to the nasty cancer.

Take care and good luck

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are in my thoughts. I am so sorry you were dealt this hand but it sounds like you are a fighter. Stay strong!

((hugs)) My mom fought this battle. Glad you caught it. the earlier, the better.

I can't imagine what you are going through. Stay strong and kick cancers butt! Sending lots of good vibes your way.

Sending you prayers and cancer crushing vibes.

I am a nurse and am reminded everyday of how much worse things could be for anyone, so the whole time I have been facing test after test for infertility and pain and crying, I remind myself to be thankful that this is only infertility (as far as I know) and not the cancer that runs in my family finally catching up to me (yet). Good luck to you. There is a path for all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->