In the news: Can 'hypnobirthing' really take the pain out of having a baby?

Thanks so much for posting that, it's going to be so helpful for emailing over to my friend when I discuss my plan with her.

"90% of birthing has to do with what's going on in your head."
Imagine if you could let everything go out of your head and let nature do what it's supposed to, birth would be easy peasy!

Very sensible article for that particular newspaper! Also see it has attracted a lot of comments there too...

Yes probably my least favourite newspaper on earth but a pretty good piece!

No matter what the motive it's great to see.

I can't bring myself to click on the link. :lol: But hooray for research into it.

PB, I thought you were a daily-mail-reading-feminazi - ;-) Only kiddin' please don't get me! cue nervous laughter - hahahaha!

It's a good article, and whatever we think of the mail it has a readship and it is important it is put out there for women to make choices.
There has also been some great guardian and independant articles recently - pointed by way by friends.
XxX
xxx

My friend sent me the link saying 'I know you dont usually give the mail air time but....' :lol:

Ergh sent the link to hubby...I'm not even going to click on that hypnotism a load of BS.

<facepalm>

Ha my other half calls it the Daily Nazi! You half expect some subliminal text about foreigners/immigrants jumping out at you between the lines...

chuck - my OH had a good laugh about some of the things that I told him were on the Natal Hypo CD I got, but all you can do is try! I'm not convinced called my cervix an opening flower is the best way to do it, but I really can't anticipate what mental space I'll be in during labour, and I'll be getting him to shout me to "breathe the baby out"...

I'm not convinced by thinking of my cervis as an opening flower either! But I am convinced about the need to relax and take stock. I think the hypnobirthing will help me through the early stages and then help me regain focus. I'm very very bad at relaxing altogether so anything that can help with that can only be a good thing!

The flower thing and imagery doesnt work for everyone. It's a tool box. A framework to make your own from. My cervix wasnt a flower either. I planned on it being the music box from Camberwick Green but it ended up being a cervix opening or what I imagined it would look like!

MM please will you pm me the info for that home study hypno? It's going to be my birthday present! I need to start it in the next couple of weeks if I'm to be sure of having time to complete it.

I am not sure what the answer to your question is, but I do believe with all my heart that a gentle birth can really impact the birth experience and your child's first interaction with the new world. I really think that soft lights and gentle voices and a non stress environment can really help ease the transition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->