In the same boat...

Mrs.A

Reaction score
I ran the risk of nearly hijacking someone else's thread so have started new one to vent/ramble/waffle on a little...

Over the last few days, I have been reading through some threads (lots actually!) and I am all over the place with feelings/confusion etc... in fact, I think I am in he same boat as a few of you ladies...

I have been lucky in the past and had my DD at 19... She is 17 now and is an only child looking forward to a little brother or sister, FXd!

The DH is seven years younger than me and is just approaching his 30th birthday, he doesn't have any children.. I think he is only just coming to realise that there really are more issues when TTC at my age (nearly 37) - I had warned him abut this before we married!!... On the plus side though, he is in his prime and doesn't mind being called on for BDing :winkwink:

So we have been TTC since March 2011 and have been to see the GP this month... I have had a blood test which has confirmed i've O'd this month and I have to get another next month, 10 days before AF due... The DH has to be tested too - yet to be completed - I will update as we go along.

I did try to do OPKs this month too but never got more than a very faint line - but the GP confirming OV made me not worry as much. I don't know if I want to go down the line of testing and charting every month but I think that I may be drawn down that route if I keep failing to get a BFP.

So today, I am 9DPO and looking forward to testing on 1st or 2nd Nov... I will probs cave in and test tomorrow!! I've enjoyed writing this - it feels easier to speak to other ladies who are experiencing similar problems :thumbup:

Wishing Baby Dust to all of you ladies out there x

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Good luck! :happydance:

We threadjack around here all of the time, so just jump on in...:thumbup:

hello and welcome!

You're had a great start with your GP agreeing to do the tests for you (most NHS dr's won't even do the blood tests until you've been trying for over a year). It's also a positive sign that you've Ov'd. :thumbup:

hope your stay here will be short & sweet.
:dust:

I don't know if I want to go down the line of testing and charting every month but I think that I may be drawn down that route if I keep failing to get a BFP.

Hi and welcome!

You know, you can always change your mind. You can start and you can stop again.

I had the same exact feelings. I didn't want any intervention, then time passed and I started adding more to the mix.

I definately prefer not doing much. Recently, I've stopped temping and getting blood draws and seeing the doc. It's just easier that way. But, I may go back to it in a few months.

Feel free to vent/ramble/waffle on about ttc. That's what this forum is here for :thumbup:. I for one, feel that I have a lot of support to discuss other issues in my life, but very few who can relate to ttc.
Vent away!!

Hi! I'm new here too, and this is a wonderful board. The women here are fabulous with their ideas, suggestions, and encouragement. Good luck!

hello and welcome!

You're had a great start with your GP agreeing to do the tests for you (most NHS dr's won't even do the blood tests until you've been trying for over a year). It's also a positive sign that you've Ov'd. :thumbup:

hope your stay here will be short & sweet.
:dust:

For the ladies from the UK - you can check out this site for advice on whether to go see your GP: https://www.nhs.uk/tools/pages/fertility.aspx - I quoted this to my GP after 6 months TTC and got the blood test referrals straight away

Thanks for all of your responses ladies... I have a feeling I will be a regular for a while yet!!

Hello,
I am in pretty much the same boat as you...except oh is only a few years younger and we have been trying for a couple years. My dd is also dying for a sib. I am on/off with temping, testing, doctoring, etc. because if I did it full force all the time and continued to get bfn's I would be perched on a ledge somewhere. Oh and I just had a talk last night about how we will enjoy our lives without a baby. Hey look I'm hijacking!!:haha: anyway best of luck and hope you get your bfp soon:thumbup:

Thanks Jen... looks like we have similar circs :flower:

I dont know about you but my DH seems to be more excited than me!! He knows my cycle now and is bugging me atm with the 'are we pregnant yet?' question each morning. It hasn't reached the point yet of me snapping at him, I just tend to roll my eyes :roll: I dont think he realises that he can be insensitive but I know its not intentional.

I suppose the bonus is that we went the GPs together and he has agreed to the SA - I will need to remind him to fill that pot!!

Keeping everything crossed for a BFP xx

My oh had his SA almost a year ago...and it was good so we know if there's a prob it's with me:shrug:
This might be a weird ? but how do you talk to your dd about having a sib? For me it's kind if awkward (like "hey hopefully after me and your stepdad do it you'll have a baby brother" lol!!!). She has told me tons of times she wishes there was a baby in the house but we haven't openly discussed with her that we are ttc....it's so different when you have a teenager isn't it?!
I know what you mean about your oh also...mine is getting good at being sensitive bc it's been so long now! But every once in a while he will say something about how he is excited for me to get "knocked up":haha:

My DD is the same Jen... She has never said that she wishes that she has a little bro or sis but knows that we are TTC... Ermmmm... I dunno really, I have always just been open with her about our plans.

I know that if we do get lucky she will be over the moon... I guess teenagers don't want to think about what their parents are actually doing to get pregnant in the first place!! I know we have to be super quiet in our house!! :winkwink:

I guess you would need to approach the subject when you are ready to tell her... Does she get on well with your DH and would she feel ok discussing it with the both of you? I dont know what to suggest for the best really but I bet when you do tell her she will be super excited :thumbup:

How long have you been TTC for Jen? Am I ok to call you Jen btw? :winkwink:

My DD is the same Jen... She has never said that she wishes that she has a little bro or sis but knows that we are TTC... Ermmmm... I dunno really, I have always just been open with her about our plans.

I know that if we do get lucky she will be over the moon... I guess teenagers don't want to think about what their parents are actually doing to get pregnant in the first place!! I know we have to be super quiet in our house!! :winkwink:

I guess you would need to approach the subject when you are ready to tell her... Does she get on well with your DH and would she feel ok discussing it with the both of you? I dont know what to suggest for the best really but I bet when you do tell her she will be super excited :thumbup:

How long have you been TTC for Jen? Am I ok to call you Jen btw? :winkwink:

Yes Jen is fine! We have been ttc 27 months and ntnp for a couple years before that. Totally at the point where we feel it isn't going to happen EVER! I go between being ok with it and being very sad. My oh and I have been together almost 10 years but married for 2! I have been to fs, but am going back to my GP on Thursday bc I didn't care for the clinic...so we will see what happens! Totally get what you mean about needing to be quiet:haha:It can make things tougher! Dd will be thrilled for sure, it's just not something we talk about really openly. But not just her, my oh and I have kept it from most people, because we really wanted to stay away from people's opinions and advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->