• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Inconclusive doctors pregnancy test

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Ok so I have taken four home pregnancy tests all clearly positive results went to take my urine sample to the doc so it could be sent off to the lab, called for my results today to be told it was inconclusive and to take another one next week!! Obviously I panicked and went and bought another test and it came back clearly positive again. I am so confused why would the doctors test come back inconclusive ?? :-(

Don't they just do a test there and then?
I don't understand why urine would be sent off to the lab just to confirm pregnancy.
Blood tests on the other hand of course would be.

Probably just that your urine was a bit more dilute on the day you took the sample, or the doctor's tests are less sensitive. It sounds illogical, but many home pregnancy tests are super sensitive so they can put 'early results' on the packet. The ones the doctor uses are probably standard issue NHS ones.

Don't fret. Just take another sample in a week like they asked and I'm sure it will be positive. The midwife won't book you in until 8 weeks or so, so this delay won't make you late with any of your appointments.

And congratulations!

Don't worry, you're pregnant. The Dr's office tests are around 100hcg sensitive, I believe. Same thing happened to me with baby#2 because I had found out so early. :)

Doctors tests are not as strong as hpts. So sometimes you have to wait a few days foot your hcg to build up to show positive at a doctors office

It completely depends on what tests you've been using with at home and what kind your doctors use. Pregnancy tests are measured in something called miu, which is their sensitivity level. The lower the number, the higher the sensitivity :thumbup: a FRER, for example, is 15miu, which is pretty sensitive. A cb digi is only 25. You can get the cheapie internet dipstrips, whose miu range from anywhere in between 10-30miu.

Hope that helps :flower:

mine was the same way negative on the doctors test at first and six positive at home don't worry just yet

Thanks ladies that's put my mind at rest now :) first tri is so worrying! X

Stay calm :) don't stress urself the dr's tests are usually not so sensitive :) good luck

I don't understand why they don't do blood tests when you get a positive urine. My friends have gone though this before as well and its just insane to me. Like others have said there test is probably less sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->