Increasing my clomid eventhough I am ovulating on current dose?? What gives??

staycb01

Reaction score
Hi ladies - I am just really annoyed right now and I'm wondering if you can shed some light....

This was my 2nd month on Clomid - it was increased to 100 mg and my Dr's officed just called with my Progesterone bloodwork results that I had on 4 dpo (could not get in at 7dpo due to conflicting work times with clinic, etc) and it was at 8.34 - which the dr office confirmed that I did ovulate. However they would like to see it at least 10 (they do know that I was only at 4dpo when I had the blood taken). So, my dr wants to increase my clomid next month if I don't concieve to 150 mg. I asked the nurse why in the world would they up my Clomid if I am ovulating on the 100 mg. I also asked for progesterone suppliments as well to help since I've had a few chemical pregnancies and I feel it had something to do with low progesterone. She just said that typically they give suppliments after seeing a heartbeat if needed and I told her that i never make it that far in the past. She said she would have my dr. call me tomorrow. I am so annoyed right now.... so my questions are:
1 - why increase my Clomid if I am ovulating on the current dose?
2- Does increasing clomid then mean it increases progesterone?
3 - Why not give me progesterone suppliments?
Side note - I started using natural progesterone cream last night as I've always had a feeling I had low levels of progesterone.
Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!

Hi there hope i can help!

Right if you are ovulating on 100mg there is no reason at all to up the dose infact it can be counter productive as the higher the dose the more hostile it can make your cm and also can really thin your lining never mind the way it makes you feel side effects etc.....Thats really strange they are planning to do that!!

As for P supplements they need to be taken straight after ovulation because it is in you LP that P drops and there for isn't sufficient to sustain pregnancy so you 100% need it before being pregnant if you feel that you need it. Clomid is not known to increase P levels as far as i'm aware. If you have started natural P make sure you do your research :)

To be honest i'd ask them to explain their reasons very clearly to you, are they a specialst or just a normal GP? Hope you manage to get this sorted :) Good Luck hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->