Increasing Supply? / Tongue Tie

zilla

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I posted here last week as me & LO were having serious issues with BFing.
After seeing a breastfeeding support team this week, we have found out that LO has a tongue tie. She has the same issues that I had with my son, so I'm guessing that's why BFing didn't work for me and him either.
We're being referred for treatment which should be another week and a half before it's sorted.
LO won't latch on at all anymore/keeps slipping off and always seems hungry after she's been latched on for ages, so we've been supplementing with a bottle and pretty much given up on trying to get her to latch. (She wasn't getting much at all when she was latched on).
I've been hand expressing (as the manual pump I have doesn't work very well and my electric one needs a new valve which has been posted out to me).
When I hand express I get between 50-70ml from both breasts (so about 25-35 ml per breast).
Is it worth carrying on with the hand expressing in the meantime before the tongue tie is sorted out? Will I be likely to have the supply she needs if she does learn to latch on once it's sorted?

So confused about this whole thing!:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->