Indigestion/Heartburn

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Rumpskin, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Rumpskin

Rumpskin Free to try again!

Hello

I seem to be experiencing daily indigestion/heartburn at the mo:wacko:

I have bought some parsley for digestion but dont want to start popping pills every day.

Has anyone got any natural remedies or suggestions if not any safe over the counter pills that help?

Thanks, Rumps x

2. HayleyJA

HayleyJA Mum to April and Esther

Gaviscon liquid and Rennie tablets are absolutely fine. In fact I picked up my first big bottle of Gaviscon after my appointment with the GP last week and she said to start to taking it immediately that I felt ill.

I really suffered with heartburn in my last pregnancy so am fully expecting to go that way again - yuck!

Alternatively, I also drink warm milk of an evening to settle my tummy before bed.

3. EmmaFTM

EmmaFTM Well-Known Member

I have indigestion nearly every day! It's soooo annoying but I keep a pack of Rennies with me wherever I go. Have heard milk or a walk after a big meal helps too. Xx

4. calamityjane1

calamityjane1 Well-Known Member

I started on Rennies, but they were not cutting it this week so I went and got a bottle of Gaviscon! Tastes gross but not bad enough that I cant get it down and the effect is almost instant. I rekon Il be drinking it by the glass full soon!! Its perfectly safe, go and get some dont suffer!!

5. HayleyJA

HayleyJA Mum to April and Esther

Haha - I ended up just glugging it from the bottle last pregnancy - I'd get through one of the huge bottle every week or so at worst! It was the only thing that helped though.