Induction 35+6

TattyHead

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to hospital for an induction tomorrow, they've warned me that it could take quite a few days before I actually give birth, so I'm wondering how long it's taken for you guys that have been induced from the first pessary/gel to birth?

Hi there. I had the first pessary around 2pm on the Sunday. Then second after midnight on the Monday night into Tuesday tho things had started to happen. Waters broke at 6am on Tues, fully dilated about 9ish and Eva born at 12.36pm. Good luck. X

Hi there. I had the first pessary around 2pm on the Sunday. Then second after midnight on the Monday night into Tuesday tho things had started to happen. Waters broke at 6am on Tues, fully dilated about 9ish and Eva born at 12.36pm. Good luck. X

I hope it's like that for me, not too quick, but not days & days either.

Good luck with your twins!

Pessary in 5pm Sunday, born at 4.18am Tuesday

First time, 38 weeks, I had to have 2 pessaries so that took 48 hours then they broke my waters and it took 17 hours from then to birth.

Second inductin at 39 weeks, 1 pessary so 24 hours then they broke my waters and it was 6 hours until birth.

Third induction at 37 weeks (this was last week), 1 pessary so 24 hours but then I had to wait another 24 hours for a bed to be available on the delivery suite. They broke my waters at 9:15am and nothing much happened until 6pm and then all of a sudden I went frm 2.5cm dilated to him being born in 2 hours.

With my first my waters had gone but 12-ish hours later my cervix was still closed so I got a pessary and he was delivered 26 hours after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->