Induction 37 weeks

jtj1054

Pregnant 1st baby!
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with an induction at 37 weeks following an amnio? My ob today has asked that I have an amnio next Wednesday the 22nd to see if baby's lungs are mature. If they are then we'll be induced at 7 pm that evening.

Not after an amnio but I was given steroids last week for fetal lung maturity and now I'm currently in hospital and have started the induction process, I started it yesterday at 37+1 due to big baby previous big baby and shoulder dystocia. What is the reason you're being induced?

I know they tried to push for a section for me but I at least wanted to attempt svd xx

I've been high risk the whole pregnancy, I've got epilepsy that randomly came back in the 3rd trimester and they've had to put me on medicines to control it. The doctor wants to limit baby's exposure to it since there isn't much research on it. :/ and with having epilepsy a lot of women have iugr our baby has been measuring a bit small too. I just hope his lungs are good to go next week so he can safely come into the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->