induction by breaking waters

tristansmum

Reaction score
So I'm 40+5 and 2-3cm so if nothing happens in next 36 hours I'm having my waters broken Saturday morning at 40+7. Anyone got experience with this and how labour progressed afterwards. With my son I was induced at 1cm so have a pessary. After 6 hours they wanted to break waters but had to wait as no room on labour ward. I started contracting myself and by the time they broke my waters 13 hours later I was 3cm and having painful contraction 4-5 min apart. I remember once they went the labour really picked up intensity. But I'd had the prostin pessary and hours to wait. Anyone had waters broken first.... Did you need the drip? How long do they give you for contractions to start. Thanks x

I was induced and had 4 pesseries which didn't work so they then went onto break my waters, they then gave me approx. 2 hours to see if I would start contracting on my own, I was having small ones but they like you to be about 4cm along by this point or they then start the drip to quicken it up. Hope this helps :) and good luck. Just had my LO although after all this and 5 hours of labour I ended up with an emergency caesarean, this was due to LO being in distress though and nothing to do with induction process. Most inductions are successful.

I was at the birth of my big sisters last wee boy- she was 4cm dilated and they broke her waters at 6:30pm.. He was born at 6:35pm!! The midwife was writing her notes as it happened she never even had time to put gloves on. Lol. Mind you it was my sisters 5th child so things probably progressed more quickly for her than they would for others xxx

they gave me the pessary first and it did nothing.

then they broke my waters and he arrived 6hrs and 17mins later :)

With my 7th, I was 41+5 and scheduled for induction at 42 weeks since I hadn't gone into labor despite trying several things. I would have sporadic contractions, nothing real consistent. I really wanted to have the baby at home, not the hospital. I finally got into a relatively consistent, albeit not very close together, pattern of contractions and I asked my midwife to break my waters to get labor going. She said she would only do it if I was greater than 5 cm dilated since I wasn't really in active labor and once the waters are gone you have only 24 hours to deliver or they have to induce.

She checked me and stretched me a little to get me past 5 cm and then broke the waters. About half hour later I got into a good pattern of contractions. About 6 hours later, they stopped. Freak out! So I started bouncing on the birth ball and doing other things to try to get the contractions going again. After a couple of hours, they did finally start up again and baby was finally born about 4 hours later. It turned out she was hung up on my hip and wouldn't drop. So we did a couple of different positions to get her to move down and she finally did.

So I avoided having to go to the hospital to give birth, but it was a little stressful knowing that we were racing against the clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->