Induction on Monday 22.12.14

dlj2

Reaction score
Hi all

Just after a little reassurance as hubby isn't offering much in the way of this right now!

I'm due an induction this Monday and beginning to get worried! I'll be 39+2 at that point and had a sweep last Tuesday where I was 2-3cm dilated and cervix soft so they said they'd likely just be able to break my waters. Does that mean I won't have to have the drip? Can I ask not to have it?

This is my second baby and went into labour naturally with my first but did need my waters breaking at 7cm dilated. My labour also stalled so I have experienced the picton drip which at that stage was ok as very near the end but I've stupidly read all the associated dangers of an induced labour online and now am panicking that I won't cope if drip used straight away and baby may then get stressed.

Sorry for the long rambled just needed to get a clear head for Monday? Any experiences most welcomed especially those who were already dilated when induced? Thanks.xxx

if they break your waters hun they will probably leave you for a while. I was induced this way with ds1 and never went on pitocin at all. If i was to be induced with this one ( i was going to be but opted for a repeat section) i would have had the same done... waters broken.

they wait and see whether your contractions start off by themselves which they usualy do once your waters go and then they will see if they get regular. If not they will start pitocin on a low dose so dont worry. It should be slowly upped if needed but they will start off low xx

I have been induced twice. First time I ended up with the drip once I got to 7cm due to failure to progress.
Second time I was given the propess pessary, which was removed when I got to 3-4cm and the labour progressed very quickly from there.
The aim (I believe) would be to dilate you sufficiently to break your waters, and hope you progress on your own from there. Fingers crossed that's all the intervention you need. Good luck xx

Thanks so much ladies youve really put my mind at rest. So good to hear your experiences went well and how I'm hoping mine will, thanks so much.xx

Me again! My husband now has gone down with man flu the night before I'm due to be induced! I am so stressed right now I can't decide what to do!

I have my mum available but I don't know how comfortable I am having her in there with me I'll be more worrying about her than focusing as she gets stressed very easily. Can you delay an induction? Do I just go alone? God the timing is just fab! Men!! He seems to think he will be fine in the morning if he can sleep all day today but with a toddler at home I wanted rest on my final day before labour and a clear relaxed mind neither of which looks likely now-sorry to moan ladies so feeling so emotional right now x

So sorry. I hope your dh is better tomorrow but I know what its like to want to rest before induction.
I hope you can rest and de stress.
best of luck

:( Sorry oh is unwell. I guess it depends on why you are being induced? Xx

if it were my oh hun id tell him to grow a set.. have some tablets etc to make him feel better and remember whos the one whos going to be doing all the hard work. I hate Man Flu i really do since its no more than a darn sniffle.

:hugs: Do what makes you feel most comfortable hun. Im not sure if you could delay the induction but if your not going to be comfortable having your mum there then make sure oh is there with you. he can wear a face mask if needed :hugs: xx

Thanks ladies, after a near melt down from me he is fine again?!? So it's all back on track now I just need to get a good mindset back ready for the morning. Thanks for your kind words.xx

Typical man huni :hugs: it will have been no more than a snuffly nose in the first place and him thinking bingo some sympathy and chill time. I don't think some men think how hard pregnancy is for us women so your break down will hAve been like a kick up the ass for him

Good luck today... I hope everything goes smoothly xxx

Well the saga goes on, we got there and the midwife asked why I was being induced. I didn't know and my notes didn't give a reason so after speaking with the consultant where there was found to be no valid reason I've decided to delay. I'm much happier letting nature take its course. Had a sweep and a show today so will just relax and enjoy xmas now.xx

Ooo that's weird. I wonder why they had wanted to induce :s

Glad you got to make the choice though Hun xx

So wierd! I should have asked more at the time of booking but I just assumed the consultant had a medical reason! Turns out cos of my thyroid he decided things were better earlier but I've had no problems with me or baby so I made the decision which thankfully the midwife fully supported. Think be best for buba if I can go natural.x

Thats fantastic hun :D heres hoping baby stays put until boxing day at least hehe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->