Induction Question

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm still in first tri, but I figured this question would be more appropriate for the third tri.

So, I was induced with both of my kids. My labor with Aiden (start to finish) was 10ish hours. And then when I had Mady my labor (start to finish) was under three hours.

I live about an hour away from the closest hospital (and my doctor's office) and have been thinking about how quick my labors went before and how I'm scared that I'm going to end up delivering this baby in the car on the way there. :dohh:

So my question is if you think it would be appropriate to talk to my doctor about inducing me a little early (39 weeks and assuming that my body's ready to go into labor) because of my fast labors and how far I am from the hospital?

I'm having the same problem. I was induced with DD, and she was born in under an hour after my water broke. I progressed so quickly that by the time the doctor (and 7 nurses...sheesh) came running into the room, she was crowning.

I asked the midwife about early induction, especially because I hemorrhaged last time, so much so that I almost needed a transfusion, but she just blew it off. She was like "Oh, we'll have plenty of time for that later." I guess it is a little early for me still, but I have the SAME fear about giving birth in the car.

So I say ask. Otherwise you'll be a nervous wreck. Or, if you can afford it, maybe rent a hotel room closer to the hospital for the last few days?

Or, if you can afford it, maybe rent a hotel room closer to the hospital for the last few days?

At least I know I'm not the only one worrying about this. :flower: I would definitely get a hotel room, but we can't really afford it and even if we could, we need to be close to our parents so they can watch the kids when I go into labor.

If it makes you feel any better, the doctor who was supposed to deliver my daughter completely missed her birth. He was doing a c-section that morning and figured he would be done with it by the time I was ready to deliver, but no such luck. :haha:

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? :flower:

I haven't been in the same position I live on the same road as my hospital so I couldn't be any closer if I tried. Although I know they're very funny about inducing people early. I have no child care for my DS when I have mine and they said they don't consider things like that a reason to induce. I then asked if they'd allow me to take DS in with me if they weren't going to induce me at a time when I can get child care (which I would actually be 41 weeks so wasn't really early) and they said no so what on earth they expect me to do if I go more than a week overdue I have no idea.

It's worth a try though I'd ask anyway :)

No harm in asking :) explain your worries & hopefully they'll understand :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->