Induction

mentormel

Reaction score
I'm being induced Friday at 39 weeks due to advanced maternal age. This is my third baby but first induction. What can I expect?

They do a sweep,and then put u on a drip to start contractions,they will then pop ur waters,once contractions start they will up the dose in the drip to get them going better,they check u a lot throughout,I’m not sure how it goes after that as I didn’t progress past 2cm so ended with a csec but the whole induction thing wasn’t bad imo,good luck xx

I've never been induced so I'm not totally sure, but wanted to wish you good luck :)

They do a sweep,and then put u on a drip to start contractions,they will then pop ur waters,once contractions start they will up the dose in the drip to get them going better,they check u a lot throughout,I’m not sure how it goes after that as I didn’t progress past 2cm so ended with a csec but the whole induction thing wasn’t bad imo,good luck xx
What is a sweep?

I never got any pitocin with my induction. I was 37w and 2 or 3 days with high blood pressure. I got cervidil to soften my cervix. It was given vaginally and my water broke 4 hours later, so then got it orally. Contractions continued to intensify on their own so never needed pitocin. Contractions were intense and lasted about 90 seconds, coming every 2 minutes. I've only had the one delivery sp can't compare it to anything!

What is a sweep?
A sweep is where the mw runs her fingers around ur cervix to try and loosen things up abit,I had 5 from 37wks with my first and didn’t find them very pleasant but they are over quickly xx

I went in to be induced and first thing they did was insert a pessery to soften cervix, within 40 min my waters went on their own and I went into full blown labour and delivered naturally. I think I had a good experience but I have heard some women going for a couple days x

I didn't have to be induced. My water broke three days before I was scheduled for one and she was born 12 hours later.

Congratulations hon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->