Infatrini

monst_18

I Love being Alfies Mummy
Reaction score
Hello

I just wondered if any of your LO's are on infatrini?

I started Alfie on Breast milk for the first 3 months and then he struggled to go on the breast and my milk was going so he went on Nutri Prem 2, he never took loads, but was always a relatively good eater (hes on 4 oz every 3-4 Hours) With Nutri Prem he wasn't too sick only if i over fed him. The HV wasn't happy with his weight gain - as he is on the lowest line ( Well he was a tiny 1lb 5 oz born- so he's hardly going to be a beefcake?!?) so she sent us to the Dietician who put him on Infatrini, and at the same time to start introducing solids, now his weight gain is certainly no better in fact at the moment he's not even gained for 2 weeks, he wants less and rarely finishes 4 oz sometimes only taking 2oz and is very often very sick after - defeating the object of the feed as its the whole lot coming back. Its a battle to get a bottle in his mouth half of the time. He's also not overly keen on solids, but we are perservering.

I am starting to get really stressed and i know thats not good for him. I wonder if its the milk or maybe he has got reflux but its all a coincidence since he's been swapped milk!

Please help i'm stressing!!

x

Is he fighting the bottle a lot? If so, it could be reflux? But I have found that solids help. Has he had any previous signs of reflux?

I totally understand why you are stressing, weaning to start with, was horrible for me. I hated it.

As you probably know health visitors arent exactly helpful when it comes to preemies, so dont take everything she says without a pinch of salt. You know Alfie best. If you think the situation will become better on Nutriprem again, I'd be going back to it against advice.

I'd rather my LO was drinking nutriprem and keeping fluid down than drinking high cal milk and throwing it up. The latter isnt going to help gain and will only in time hurt his wee insides being sick all the time.

Initially i thought he may have reflux - but he never had anything like this on Nutri Prem - and its just dawned on me this evening after i have nearly ended up in tears and resoted to covering my self in a towel every feed! that all this has only been going on since his switch to Intratrini!

I am going to go back to Nutri Prem for the rest of the weekend and see for my own self preservation if it makes a difference at least if i can go to them and say look this is defo making him sick then its better then i think it might be...

Was Alex ever on Infatrini? Where do you get the one she is on now from?

I agree about HV mine has told me i must totally disregard the first 3 months and forget they ever happened and class him as his corrected age................er yeah right!

xx

Was Alex ever on Infatrini? Where do you get the one she is on now from?

I agree about HV mine has told me i must totally disregard the first 3 months and forget they ever happened and class him as his corrected age................er yeah right!

xx

You're talking to someone who has puke in her hair as I type....:dohh:

We are on SMA Staydown, which you can get from Boots/ a big Tesco store. But, I heard some people got it on prescription so I asked my doc, and she simply wrote a prescription for it, because its special milk really. (lovely!!!!)

Yup, my HV does that too. She refused to believe me when I told her it was recommended that prems should be weaned at actual age and not corrected. I think shes researched into it since as shes less likely to argue with me about it, and calls it a "grey area" now.

My Paediatrician (well, Andrew's!) was adamant he should be weaned based on corrected age.

My HV, on the other hand, was happy for us to wean based on actual age - she'd read up on Bliss and in NHS research about premmies benefitting from this.

We decided to start at 5m actual but took it very slowly. Andrew has been pretty much disinterested in the concept and really hasn't started taking to weaning until now (8.5m actual, 6m corrected).

Yup, my HV does that too. She refused to believe me when I told her it was recommended that prems should be weaned at actual age and not corrected. I think shes researched into it since as shes less likely to argue with me about it, and calls it a "grey area" now.

I had the same arguement! Its a battle with them, Sometimes i feel we know more about premmie babies then they do!

I had the same arguement! Its a battle with them, Sometimes i feel we know more about premmie babies then they do!

We do. Because they have to read up so much about normal babies, info about premmie babies is only a small part of their knowledge. Our lives rotate around our premmie babies, so we've done far more reading up than them, and we're living the experience.

Have swapped from Infatrini to Nutri Prem over the weekend and not once has Alfie been sick!

Thats gone from almost every feed coming up!

Yay!! :happydance:

Expect i'll get told off by HV for swapping without asking!

Thats great news. Sod the HV. She knows bugger all and he'll certinly put on more weight if hes not throwing up - its just bloomin common sense!

Hi my LO was put on to Infatrini at 13 weeks after poor weight gain. She too was only small when born - 3lb at 33 + 5 wks. She was very sick at first (never sick previously with Aptamil) but we stuck with it - it was very difficult as watching a baby who had weight issues being constantly sick didn't seem right! She did stop the sick and only ever vomits on the occasion that she takes a big feed. I think that Infatrini is very heavy on their wee tummies and that causes the sick. Erin has made some good weight gain on it but wont take any more than about 3 1/2 oz every 4 hours so not sure how long that will last. I'm starting to consider silent reflux as she seems to want more but cant manage it and arches her back and looks in discomfort after about half her feed! What weight is you LO? I would say that a baby who is feeding well on n'normal' milk id better than a sickie baby on high cal milk!

Jenson is on Enfamil and he hasnt been sick once since he started it 8 days ago!

Apparently you can get it over the counter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->