infertility and dental filling?!!!!

Evon47

Reaction score
Just read an article to say that dental fillings have the most mercury and whenever you are moving your teeth, you are inhaling the mercury vapour and that might be related to infertility! I am a bit disturbed by this article as I have lots of fillings done when I was younger and does this mean that I have to take out all the fillings and change it to the non-mercury one in order to get pregnant!??!!? This is going a bit too far now.

I haven't been drinking for the past few months, been eating organic food, avoiding seafood, taking all necessary vitamins and etc. And now what!? Endure the pain and taking all fillings out!???!?

Sorry for the rant, but I think a lot of them thing out there is getting a bit too far.:wacko:

I am a dentist and would love to know where you found this article. It is not true that you are inhaling the amount of mercury that would cause infertility. I see thousands of patients with mercury fillings and healthy children. There is no proof that these fillings CAUSE or lead to problems getting pregnant so don't worry about replacing your fillings for this reason. In fact more mercury is released when drilling old fillings out than leaving them intact. If you do have any questions I'd love to help in any way that I can.

I have some old fillings >25 years old and I have never had any trouble conceiving. Be careful of all the junk science out there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->