• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Initials - FVK

Feronia

Reaction score
Our chosen girl name begins with an F and our surname begins with a K. We really like a V name for the middle name, but now I'm worried that FVK will look like FUK :dohh: (Especially since U and V were interchangeable in Middle English!)

Should we just go back to our fallback middle name, which begins with a G? There's nothing wrong with FGK, right? :haha:

I don't see a problem with FVK. After reading the subject, I had to click on the thread to see what the problem with it was so it didn't automatically strike me as FUK.

I see what you're talking about, I saw all your concerns when I saw the thread's name, but I don't think kids would know that 'u' and 'v' were interchangeable.

Thanks!
So I'm guessing it's a no go? :haha:

I think it's fine. I also had to click on the thread and read your initial post to see what was wrong with FVK.

I think that is a stretch to get FUK from FVK and initials don't matter all that much in the long scheme of things.

Since it seems to be bothering you, though, perhaps it's worth using your G name just so you feel safe.

Thanks for the input -- I appreciate it! :thumbup:

How often are all three intials used in anything anymore? I cant speak for the UK, but I know I've never had to use all three of mine for anything unless I just flat out wanted to.

How often are all three intials used in anything anymore? I cant speak for the UK, but I know I've never had to use all three of mine for anything unless I just flat out wanted to.

Wss^

I didn't think that when I saw the initials in the title

I saw what you meant but im dirty minded :haha: someone might pick up on it when they get to secondary school (teens) but dont see it being much of a problem.

I had to read the post to see the potential problem lol I don't think it's an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->