Insanity Workout anyone?

B

Belle25

Is anyone else trying the insanity workout?
Started it 5 days ago and it's tough, but lost 6lbs :happydance:

Find it hard to keep up with.

Would live to hear other people's experiences with it.
Xx

I tried it, but it was SO hard on my knees, so I stopped after only a week. I have found that P90X is much better for me, because there is less jumping and impact moves and more focus on strength. I'm sure I lose some of the cardio, but Insanity left me unable to walk!

I thought about giving this a go- as a supplement for the days I work from home or just don't have a class at the gym to go to- I do Step, Zumba and Power every week-- but both Zumba and Step are already tough enough on my bad knees... but I manage through. So I was hesitant...

Since wamommy says it was too hard on her knees-- I should prob not try it :( Maybe there is another one I can try like the P90X?

Still love to see what others think though-- I'll stalk ;)

I think it is quite hard on your knees coz of all the jumping (especially if you have a concrete floor).
But, I'm doing it while I have a break from running, and I don't think it's as hard on my knees as running is.
For the first week, my calves were like rock from the jumping, but I've found the second week ok :)
I love Shaun T. I think he's ace!
xx

I tried it a few months ago, and actually finished it. I followed his calendar schedule. I felt great afterwards, yea it was really tiring and hard at times, and a bit boring too since he repeats the same steps, but it does bring results if you stick to it. I did lose about 6 lbs. Most people get discouraged because they feel like they do all that work just for 5-6 lbs, but what people do not realize is that they gain muscle from this workout.

I'm loving it. It's hard, but my jelly belly is a bit firmer already!
My legs are more toned too....but it's 40 mins of hell lol

Well done to those who are/ have done it-I feel your pain ouch!!
Xx

Hey everyone!! I am a beachbody coach. If you anyone needs help with the programs or finding one I can help! I also hold challenge groups. Challenge groups are about 6-7 people getting together on a Facebook group page to motivate and support each other during their programs. It's really fun and it really helps you keep accountable!

Ah! Still at it. Boy it's hard.
Feeling the benefits though-how are you gettingn on iloveshoes?
The jumping is so hard!

Youngnready, great to see a coach here! You must be superfit!
Xx

You can do this ladies!!!!! I went to the gym for 3 classes yesterday, and plan on doing 2 classes today. I am determined and ready to lose this weight and be healthier!!!

Whoa! Go you, mizzyd 3 classes would kill me!!

Started doing insanity in front of my toddler yesterday, but she kept laughing at me, so stopped it and I'd it later!!

Definitely a bit more toned now, but a long way to go yet.
Xx

i keep seeing the ads for insanity and thinking i would like to try it.
im good at starting things but not following through:dohh: and ive gone up to full time at work from this week-3 12.5hr shifts.so im worried about fitting it all in.
so i saw that shaun T was bringing out a new workout thats 25min long,its out on monday so im thinking of getting that one instead.

Yea, I did do the 2 classes today and today I felt the pain, but hey, "No Pain No Gain" or in this case "No Pain, No Losing Weight" I came back home, showered, sat down to eat my dinner, then could not get up, I was in so much pain, still am, but now I am just resting, tomorrow I hope to make it for an hour.

i keep seeing the ads for insanity and thinking i would like to try it.
im good at starting things but not following through:dohh: and ive gone up to full time at work from this week-3 12.5hr shifts.so im worried about fitting it all in.
so i saw that shaun T was bringing out a new workout thats 25min long,its out on monday so im thinking of getting that one instead.

My oh works full time and fits it in ok. It is possible :flower:
Workouts are average of 40 mins xx

Thanks belle.
i still think I'm going to wait for focus t25 to come out because every move in that can be modified.I've had trouble with my knees in the past and i don't want to damage them.

Thanks belle.
i still think I'm going to wait for focus t25 to come out because every move in that can be modified.I've had trouble with my knees in the past and i don't want to damage them.

If you have knee problems, insanity would be too much on them. Lots of jumping.
I think the guy who does insanity does a workout called hip hop abs too-looks fun, might be worth trying too :flower:
Xx

Almost completed week 3 :)

Wow! Well done.
How are you finding week 3? And results? Xx

It's definitely getting a little easier. Cardio power and resistance is my favourite.
My results are good so far; I increased all my scores when I redid the fitness test, and I can see differences in my shape.
I've only lost 1kg, but I'm not fussed about that. My tummy is flatter, waist smaller and shoulders wider :)
How are you doing, Belle?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"